OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truth is Stranger

Started by zelmo1, April 08, 2024, 08:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 08, 2024, 08:09:54 PM
Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. Drove 23 hours, in 2 days, to hunt in Florida. Get to Walmart to buy a license, nope. They don't print them out, they email them. I think I should be able to get one at city hall here. Get in my truck and drive 20 minutes to a flea bag, no wallet. I scream back to Walmart. I check where I was parked, last row over a storm drain. There it is, on top of the storm drain. Same color. Sooo, after the 17 heart attacks, fits of rage and driving back. I went across the street to a much nicer hotel and didn't care what it cost . I got my military discount and it saved me $75. I'm cooked, shower then bed. Hunt starts Wednesday if I get a license. Only me. Z

That story almost gave me a panic attack just reading about it!  I did the same thing (sort-of) a few years back in a post office.  Your story brought back the anxiety I felt, so I can totally sympathize.  (My "adventure" ended up the same as yours...except a nice lady had picked up my wallet and was wondering what to do when I ran in the door with a crazed look on my face...she knew immediately whose wallet it was...   :D )

...Good luck on your hunt Zelmo....things have got to get better!   ;D

zelmo1

Thank you sir. I printed the registration form before I left home. I have paper tags that I can use too. Z

WV Flopper

Glad your getting squared away and dialed in. I wish you the best!

The people I have talked to in Florida have been great. Actually was just kind of afraid a redneck hillbilly from WV would stick out. If you get off the beach the rednecks run at large in Florida. My kind of place! I was not out of place, kind of high class... For a redneck.

Maybe next spring I'll go back, have enjoyed my time there.

RutnNStrutn

You got very lucky in finding your wallet, much less with everything still in it!! God is smiling down on you Z!! Prepare for a good hunt!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk