turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truth is Stranger

Started by zelmo1, April 08, 2024, 08:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. Drove 23 hours, in 2 days, to hunt in Florida. Get to Walmart to buy a license, nope. They don't print them out, they email them. I think I should be able to get one at city hall here. Get in my truck and drive 20 minutes to a flea bag, no wallet. I scream back to Walmart. I check where I was parked, last row over a storm drain. There it is, on top of the storm drain. Same color. Sooo, after the 17 heart attacks, fits of rage and driving back. I went across the street to a much nicer hotel and didn't care what it cost . I got my military discount and it saved me $75. I'm cooked, shower then bed. Hunt starts Wednesday if I get a license. Only me. Z

357MAGNOLE

My dude. Just go online and get a license.  You can download the Florida Fish Hunt app and buy a license through that.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

roberthyman14

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 08, 2024, 08:09:54 PM
Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. Drove 23 hours, in 2 days, to hunt in Florida. Get to Walmart to buy a license, nope. They don't print them out, they email them. I think I should be able to get one at city hall here. Get in my truck and drive 20 minutes to a flea bag, no wallet. I scream back to Walmart. I check where I was parked, last row over a storm drain. There it is, on top of the storm drain. Same color. Sooo, after the 17 heart attacks, fits of rage and driving back. I went across the street to a much nicer hotel and didn't care what it cost . I got my military discount and it saved me $75. I'm cooked, shower then bed. Hunt starts Wednesday if I get a license. Only me. Z
Gooutdoorsflorida.com
Or download the fwc app.  Purchase your license on there and itll be saved in the app

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

I'll do it after I throw up and shower, lol. Z

Happy

Get the bad luck out of the way first Z. Then make up for it with a good one.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WV Flopper

Bad Omens for sure. Glad you got your wallet back!!!

Cut your loses now!

JeffC

All downhill from now on Z, go kill a big old gobbler!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Paulmyr

Did you check to make sure you still had your guns?! :funnyturkey:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Turkeybutt

Z you are one lucky individual to go back to WalMart after 30 or 40 minutes and find your wallet still sitting in the parking lot with everything in it.
Based on that alone I think you are going to tag out in Fla bud.
Good Luck and be safe!

Tom007

Glad you got your wallet Z. It will work out brother. Go get them!!
"Solo hunter"

Cowboy

Did you see any black cats or walk under any ladders on the the trip down ?? My goodness! Glad your wallet was there....Good Luck on the hunt!

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Florida has been good to me so far, minus the 17 heart attacks and puking uncontrollably. People are nice, got a deal on the hotel and my back is holding up. A nice gobbler and they may gain another fat Northeasterner.  :turkey2: :funnyturkey: Z

zelmo1

Of course the hotel WiFi " didn't recognize me" , but my new buddy Akida and I calmly fixed it with the help of an ATT WiFi oligist. Heart rate never went above 50, blood pressure at 116/72  :funnyturkey:. Z

JeffC

come on Z, I know your missing all that SNOW!! How are you handling the heat?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Notsoyoungturk

I have never hunted Florida so I don't know this answer.  Find out if you have to have your tags printed out before you hunt.  I hunted SC and bought my license and tags online.  South Carolina game warden gave me a $155 ticket because I did not have the tags printed paper.  Showed him the licenses on my phone but it didn't matter.  In Tennessee, we can do it completely online.  Don't know the law in FL but I would check.

Best of luck on your hunt.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear