OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your go to call ?

Started by King Cobra, April 08, 2024, 06:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonmouth

Homemade slate and finish with a new favorite mouth call...Houndstooth Sawbriar. Raspy and can get real soft with it.

Missouri hunter

Box call is my favorite. I also use a trough call when I need to tone it down or give them something different. Long box is something I always take as well, they are extremely versatile. All these are calls that I build.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

King Cobra

My go to call is definitely a box, followed by a mouth call and slate. Mouth call is imperative to keep both hands freed up when you get him in close.   
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

appalachianassassin

NOmad

Go to is a mouth yelper but would be hard pressed to ever leave my trumpet at home.

joey46

Distant bird - box
Close bird - tube
An old K and H Lonesome Hen always close at hand

richard black

Trumpet is the main call all the time.

Prospector

Quote from: Cottonmouth on April 08, 2024, 09:56:47 PM
Homemade slate and finish with a new favorite mouth call...Houndstooth Sawbriar. Raspy and can get real soft with it.
I picked up a Houndstooth Sawbriar myself this season and while I am far from expert it has got a bird (or two) to finish and raise that noggin to receive the award!
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

capecodmike

Long Box to start then the Payne push pin to close.

Wigsplitter

TrackeySauresRex

On a serious note... Usually a glass pot gets em going. Then I Finnish it off with a mouth call.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Rt0426

Mouth and slate pot call mostly

Dougas

crucible7

Ghost cut mouth calls from either Del Crow or Sadler McGraw

But I also love a good glass pot call. Strike them with the pot and finish with the diaphragm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomtom97

I'll have a mouth call in at all times, but mainly using a Roberts brothers glass or pushpin for primary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk