OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your go to call ?

Started by King Cobra, April 08, 2024, 06:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Cobra

What type of call do you use most during the course of a days hunt?  Example: Box, slate, etc.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Bottomland OG

turkeymanjim

Tube call

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Marc

If I could only have one call, it would be a diaphragm...
Two calls I would add a box call.
Three calls, I would (and do) take a scratcher.

I have a box call that birds seem to respond (initially) to more than any other call I have.  I probably roll that lid more than I blow into the mouth call, but the mouth call is more versatile.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Vintage

357MAGNOLE

I use a Marlin Watkins box call when trying to get their attention and usually go to my slate to get them to close the distance. I cannot for the life of me use the box call to purr, the slate does great at light clucks and purrs.  So its my go to when I need them to close distance.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WV Flopper

Pot call and mouth call. Mouth call is trending up

ScottTaulbee

I use a mouth call 98% of the time. On my son's turkey yesterday, I struck him with a pot call, he didn't budge. After a while, I tried my trumpet, he climbed all over it but wouldn't budge, tried my box call, wouldn't budge, we made a move on him and I left the vest and everything. I took nothing but the mouth call in my mouth, and my boy killed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanders153

A Daybreak calls pot and Harold Fowler striker

deathfoot

If I could only take one call. It would be a box. I use a slate as well. My mouth call skills suck, much like my hooting. So I do neither. Also hard to use my tobacco and a diaphragm. Priorities lol

Howie g

Mouth yelper more then anything else .
Tube and wingbone are around my neck as I feel naked
Without either .

hipp2412

Hipp