OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli SBE III Mossy Oak or Timber

Started by Gmed, April 07, 2024, 04:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmed

Found some sales on both of these guns (models 10342 and 10346), but no one has yet to be able to tell me if either is the new drilled and tapped models. Anybody got a lead on a KNOWN factory drilled and tapped 20 gauge with the 26" barrel in the camo? They're out there, I just can't get anyone to give me an answer before I order....

Greenhead12

I bought my sbe 3 20 gauge Mossyoak Bottomland 26" drilled and tapped from Reeds Outdoors online. When you call around make sure it has IT 23 at the end of the serial number.

obro

Hey Greenhead what vent rib did it come with ? Metal or the carbon

Greenhead12

All sbe 3 20 gauge come with metal rib. 28 gauge are carbon, not sure why Benelli came up with that. I would rather have my shotgun weigh a few more ounces, then have a carbon rib on a hunting shotgun.

Gmed

Quote from: Greenhead12 on April 07, 2024, 05:20:30 PM
I bought my sbe 3 20 gauge Mossyoak Bottomland 26" drilled and tapped from Reeds Outdoors online. When you call around make sure it has IT 23 at the end of the serial number.

Thanks. I sent them a message!

Ihuntoldschool

Carbon  fibre rib was needed on the 28 to make them cycle right with 3 inch shells.  Something to do with weight . Little bit of play in the rib but no big deal.

twyatt

It's a big deal if you're wanting to mount a red dot on the rib.  That carbon rib is the ONLY thing keeping me from buying a SBE3 28ga.   I use a meadow creek mount on all my guns and I'm not mounting that to a carbon fiber rib with play in it

runngun

Quote from: twyatt on April 08, 2024, 06:51:12 AM
It's a big deal if you're wanting to mount a red dot on the rib.  That carbon rib is the ONLY thing keeping me from buying a SBE3 28ga.   I use a meadow creek mount on all my guns and I'm not mounting that to a carbon fiber rib with play in it
Don't blame you any at all. I was told that Beretta uses carbon fiber so that the Rib can be changed to a "taller, Wider" Rib.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.