OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Solar Eclipse

Started by Dr Juice, April 07, 2024, 03:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

going right over me at 315pm, maybe i'll watch it go by......

Greg Massey

I will be glad when it happens and it's over with myself ...

Yoder409

I guess I get the hype.   Maybe.

I have no interest in it, whatsoever.

What really makes me laugh are all the people who paid out the WA-ZOO for accommodations up the road from here, in Erie, PA.   Erie runs a yearly 43% chance of having a sunny day.    :TooFunny: 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

perrytrails

Wonder if the birds will fly up??
And Down, lol

:happy0064:

mcw3734

Saw it here in 2017 under clear skies. One of the craziest things I've ever seen. I bought refundable tickets to stay with a friend in San Antonio this time, but cancelled once we learned it was going to be cloudy.

Don't listen to the "I'm too cool to care" crowd. If anybody here has the ability to witness it under clear skies, do it. It's a once-in-a-lifetime natural phenomenon that you'll never forget. Just understand you HAVE to be within the path of totality, preferably the very center. Anything outside of that is kind of a nothing burger, honestly.

Number17

All the schools are dismissing early today so the kids can be home. It's supposed to happen right around 3pm here, so right when school normally dismisses.
Between the bus traffic, the pickup traffic, the people who would like to see it and the people for whatever reason say they won't look at it and just want to leave.....it would be chaotic. My kids school purchased viewing glasses for all the students. I was looking at the sun with my kids yesterday. Just a big ol ball of gas burning away up there.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Yoder409

Yeah.  My son just got home from his early dismissal.

We're supposed to be like 97% here.  But, true to west Pennsylvania........... it's partly to mostly crappy and gray outside.   Same as most any other day of the year.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Tom007

Once it's dark, I'm gonna roost  a gobbler..... :funnyturkey:
"Solo hunter"

762hunter

My lights just clicked on here in Memphis, TN. It does seem quite a bit cooler and much darker, kinda like a fisherman's moon when looking through the glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sanders153

I saw it at 1:48 today here in Southeastern Oklahoma, it lasted for a little over a minute. It was pretty awesome to witness, got dark like a storm was moving in, then turned to what looked like last dusk, then back to regular light.

Personally it caused me to think about the awesome power of the Lord, and how such universe events like that are nothing effortwise for Him to do. It is truly a one and only, magnificent and powerful God we have.

Tail Feathers

Wife and I drove north a bit to the area of totality.  Stopped in Athens, TX and watched it from a quiet cemetery where my wife's grandparents are buried.  It was a very cool thing to see, the clouds kind of moved aside just in time and we were able to see the eclipse without any interference. 
And we stopped at Braum's for ice cream after.  Traffic was light there and back, altogether a very nice experience I'm glad we got to enjoy.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dr Juice