turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE3 28ga - Red Dot

Started by twyatt, April 07, 2024, 07:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twyatt

Has anyone put a red dot on a SBE3 28ga?  I'm don't really want to go the drill and tap route, and that carbon fiber rib makes me nervous putting a Meadow Creek on it.   

runngun

Ain't no way I would use a meadow creek on a fiberglass Rib, no way. I went drill and tap.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

Before i bought my mossberg 28 ga.  I called Meadow Creek and asked them about putting one of his mounts on the carbon fiber rib and at that time he wouldn't recommend doing this and he also said they had not tried it either..

MCturkey

My 28 SBE3 came factory drilled and tapped. Check and see if you can pop out the plastic plugs on yours.

twyatt

I don't have one yet, I want one BAD, but I can't figure out how to mount a red dot on it, and the one at my local gun store is not drilled and tapped

twyatt

Actually just looked again, the black one and bottomland ones are not drilled and tapped.  They did have a 28" barrel one in Max 5 that was drilled and tapped, but I didn't want Max5 or a 28" barrel.

PharmHunter

Drilled and tapped mine.  No issues

twyatt

I stand corrected.  Different gun store today that had several SBE3 28 gauges.  Some were drilled and tapped and some were not. 

Notsoyoungturk

Had a buddy with a Holosun 507C and meadow creek mounted on his SBE 3 28.  Red dot stayed true with multiple shots but the movement made him so nervous, he pulled it off and sent it to be tapped.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear