turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone here enjoy a pipe?

Started by aclawrence, April 05, 2024, 09:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

I occasionally smoke a pipe. I've got a few different pipes in different styles. They're great for keeping the mosquitoes away in the woods or while fishing.

Howie g

My grandpa was the lst man to take me in the spring woods .
He was a great man . He's been in heaven for over 20 years , but I still get a whiff of his ole pipe smoke in the spring air every now and then ...

aclawrence

Quote from: Howie g on April 06, 2024, 08:02:41 AM
He was a great man . He's been in heaven for over 20 years , but I still get a whiff of his ole pipe smoke in the spring air every now and then ...
I think smells are some of the most powerful triggers. They can take you back to a moment or a place that you haven't been in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie g

Quote from: aclawrence on April 06, 2024, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: Howie g on April 06, 2024, 08:02:41 AM
I think smells are some of the most powerful triggers. They can take you back to a moment or a place that you haven't been in years.

Yep ,  I like to think he sends me a whiff now and then to remind me of the good times we had .

aclawrence

Quote from: gobblers roost on April 05, 2024, 01:48:27 PM
One from age .Anthony ellis.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
I know Val Espinoza makes some pipes. There was another maker recently I saw with a pipe in his mouth while turning a call.  Seems like there are several call makers who make pipes.

aclawrence

Who wants a cheap cigar when you can sit back and enjoy a pipe while trying to remember and relive all the details!

mdmitchell

Pipe smoke is so much smoother and pleasant than cigars. I just got my nording pipe out and plan to go get some tobacco this week for IL southern 2nd season this weekend!

aclawrence

Quote from: mdmitchell on April 08, 2024, 05:23:21 PM
Pipe smoke is so much smoother and pleasant than cigars. I just got my nording pipe out and plan to go get some tobacco this week for IL southern 2nd season this weekend!
Good luck in Illinois. I only have a handful of pipes. A few Savinellis and cobs. I bet your Nording is sweet! 

WildTigerTrout

I smoked cigarettes, chewed tobacco (Red Man), dipped snuff (Copenhagen) and smoked a pipe at one time.  I gave it all up years ago.  I must say smoking a pipe was enjoyable though.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tclipse01

I use a lot of my same turkey gear for deer season, so never in the woods, to keep the smell off the clothes. Pouches only so I can still use my mouth call and have shotgun ready.

High plains drifter

Jfowler82

Put that in your pipe and smoke it !