turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone here enjoy a pipe?

Started by aclawrence, April 05, 2024, 09:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Today's world is too fast pace and full of distractions. To me a pipe is a way to slow down and tune out for a little while. Sometimes I'll go out on my back porch at night and read my Bible while I smoke my pipe. I only smoke it every now and then. This morning I'm sitting here listening for gobbles. Pipes and patience go hand in hand.  Pipe or not make sure you take some time to slow down and reflect on life a little bit.  Hope y'all all have a blessed 24' season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I couldn't agree more, I don't smoke but i have enjoyed a lot of morning in the turkey woods with a snack and bottle of water while just relaxing under a tree..

jhoward11

Amen brother, couldn't agree more. Used to be cigars, but nothing better smelling than an old pipe in the quite woods.

10th Legionaire

Back when I was a smoker I really enjoyed a chill session with a pipe. I actually kind of miss that activity.

I've since replaced that with sitting in my BBQ shack in the backyard and running an outdoor cooker of one type or another.

Enjoy your time in the woods this spring
Less is more

Mobeardhunter

Love a relaxing smoke with my pipe, plan on getting out in the morning to listen for gobbles while enjoying my coffee and a bowl of Dunhill.

aclawrence

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on April 05, 2024, 10:38:17 AM
Back when I was a smoker I really enjoyed a chill session with a pipe. I actually kind of miss that activity.

I've since replaced that with sitting in my BBQ shack in the backyard and running an outdoor cooker of one type or another.

Enjoy your time in the woods this spring
That sounds good right now. I've got a smaller rec tec I cook a Boston butt every so often. I need to do some ribs. It's been a while. We could start a whole new thread for BBQ!

Happy

I am not a pipe guy, but I do like the smell of some of the pipe tobbaco when someone else is smoking it.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

aclawrence

Quote from: Mobeardhunter on April 05, 2024, 11:07:28 AM
Love a relaxing smoke with my pipe, plan on getting out in the morning to listen for gobbles while enjoying my coffee and a bowl of Dunhill.
Sounds like a good plan. I was smoking a little Petetson's 965 in my Savinelli this morning. Hope you hear some birds.

gobblers roost

One from age .Anthony ellis.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

napier011

Absolutely...now by no means do I (nor do want to) feel like Gandalf, but it does give a different feeling. A feeling of nostalgia, simpler and as the author stated, a slower time. It's great to hear gobblers, of course! But at times, it's nice to hear those tobacco leaves sizzle as well. Best of luck to everyone!!

WV Flopper

I love a pipe, when someone else is smoking it!

357MAGNOLE

I've got a rotation of them. Usually smoke once a day. Sometimes I'll go weeks without and when I pick one back up it reminds me all over how good it is.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Sanders153

Absolutely, I enjoy a tobacco pipe as well. I discovered it a few years ago, starting out with a corn cob and working up to a nice briar wood one. I am the exact same, it is just every now and then I'll have a session with it, but it is almost a ritual where I will only enjoy it when I'm not rushed and can read something or listen to vintage music.

Cigarettes reek in my opinion and are not pleasant. Cigars are better but still have a harsh smell. But a tobacco pipe with a good blend? Smells amazing and is a joy to experience.

This is my Briarwood in the image, was made local to me in Fort Smith, Arkansas

Sir-diealot

Back in the day I did, but I don't think we were smoking the same thing.

Cigars were my preference,  used to smoke the original Backwoods cigars.

Used to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day too, man I am glad I quit, now I don't even want to be around somebody that lights up wether it be a pipe with whatever in it, cigars or cigarettes. I am that awful ex-smoker you hear about.

My GF has quit smoking since she has been out of the hospital and now I don't have to smell it anymore.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

My Uncle smoked a pipe religiously for as long as I can remember.  His oldest son does as well. I liked the smell, but I have never smoked anything at all. No cigars, cigarettes, or a pipe.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk