OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public vs. Private

Started by King Cobra, April 05, 2024, 09:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joneshunter

joey46

Florida 75 private/25 public. Public only if drawing a quota.  No quota then head out of state to somewhere in early May then 100% public.

lalongbeard75

100% public usually in 3-4 states per year.

Happy

50-50. Though a lot of the private I hunt is leased ground that is hunted as hard as public.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Manager8

merriamsman

appalachianassassin

At home, 75% private. Out of state, 100% public.

GobbleNut

Most years, I hunt almost all public OTC hunts, although I also annually put in for limited-tag hunts on restricted properties.  Occasionally, I will get an invitation to hunt private land and I am not against paying a reasonable access fee to hunt private in situations where public land hunting is not feasible.  Overall, if I was to guess a percentage of those public-land OTC hunts over the years, I would say about 90% fit that slot, with 10% falling into one of the other categories.

Tail Feathers

About half and half this year. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

eggshell

90% private.  Most all my public hunting is Out of state, but even that is 50/50 .

cracker4112

100% private the last several years.  Used to enjoy a couple of specific public hunts, but haven't had the time to fool with them lately.

richard black

deathfoot

In my home state: 100% private.

My trips this year will be 75% public/25% private

cannonball

Old Swamper

Local WMA's are all I hunt. Fortunate to have positioned myself between 3 that I really like.