turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

North Mountain Gear?

Started by highcj5, April 04, 2024, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highcj5

Wondering if north mountain gear is offering a discount this year?  I have seen in years past, that they offered a discount code?  Thinking of pulling the trigger on the 1/2 zip lightweight hoodie. Thanks in advance,  Jesse

Upfold99

Discount or not, I wouldn't hesitate.  I really like both my quarter zips with hood.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

highcj5

The lightweight model is the mesh model correct?  In the pics of it, it doesn't look mesh?

g8rvet

I have had two.  Both mesh.   Within one year both kangaroo pouch zippers quit working, but I like it so much I would still buy another. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Sixes

Quote from: g8rvet on April 05, 2024, 05:16:37 PM
I have had two.  Both mesh.   Within one year both kangaroo pouch zippers quit working, but I like it so much I would still buy another.

Mine too, I got them back on track and learned not to fully close the zipper

highcj5

You guys are scaring me about zippers breaking?  Hate to pay up for something that doesn't hold up?  I have also looked at the duck camp and banded version. I have a top and bottoms (bass pro) but they aren't mesh. Would like to upgrade the top

SwampRooster17

Quote from: highcj5 on April 09, 2024, 07:14:15 PM
You guys are scaring me about zippers breaking?  Hate to pay up for something that doesn't hold up?  I have also looked at the duck camp and banded version. I have a top and bottoms (bass pro) but they aren't mesh. Would like to upgrade the top
I've had no problem w the zippers on my nmg. I wear it on 99% of my hunts. It's a quality item if you ask me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixes

Quote from: highcj5 on April 09, 2024, 07:14:15 PM

They are quality, I just don't zip it fully. I wear mine on about every deer or turkey hunt. My zippers stick at the end of the closing, but I can get them to reset after relining the zipper from the open position

crucible7

Love mine... worth every penny! I also wear their gloves and neck gaiter. Can't beat them IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: Sixes on April 05, 2024, 06:09:56 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on April 05, 2024, 05:16:37 PM

Mine too, I got them back on track and learned not to fully close the zipper

This happened to me. Easy fix. Take an arrow nock set grommet and crimp it on the end of each zipper. Acts as a perfect stop, problem solved. I use this pocket a ton. This pull-over is four years old and still ticking.....
"Solo hunter"

paboxcall

Quote from: SwampRooster17 on April 09, 2024, 07:17:40 PM
I've had no problem w the zippers on my nmg. I wear it on 99% of my hunts. It's a quality item if you ask me!

No problem here either, and I wear my two 100% spring and fall seasons. It is a quality garment.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

g8rvet

It may have been bad luck or I may snatch on it like I am starting a lawn mower.  When I end up with another one, I like the idea of the crimps.  I love it and wear it nearly every hunt.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Joneshunter

They seem to have some pretty good looking half zip ups but 100$ for them is crazy if there was a discount I'd probably buy them though

btomlin

I have the full zip.  I wish I had gotten the 1/2 zip.  Next one will be a M/L as I swim in my xl/xxl.  I wear mine every day of the season.  Jacket under at beginning to a short sleeve tshirt at end.

NOmad

Agree with btomlin, they definitely run on the bigger side. I too prefer the half zip over the full zip.