News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak / Documentary

Started by Greg Massey, April 03, 2024, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

It's on YouTube now / The Colonel and The Fox / Mossy Oak Documentary

I suggest everyone take a few minutes and watch this just release video.

What a piece of history and dedication

HartClemson99

Such a beautiful, epic story.  This is a must watch for all turkey hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

WV Ridge Reaper

What a film!! Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgarner1

Incredible film. I don't know much on the production team that made it but they knocked it out of the park. Enjoyed every minute of it

ShootingABN!

I really enjoyed it. Of course I grew up waiting for the VHS tapes to hit the video rental store.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

10th Legionaire

I watched it and thought it was really well done. Great coverage both of the two men that were the subject and of the history of wild turkey restoration and conservation.

As a veteran and undying USA patriot my favorite part was when the narrator asked Col. Kelly if 10th Legion was his defining moment. His response was no, his defining moment was he went to war when there were wars.

Good watch, well worth the hour and a half.
Less is more

kytrkyhntr

Couldn't agree more Keith. What a powerful statement by Col Kelly. I found it really interesting and I was glad to see some form of Turkey historical content that wasn't just shooting turkeys (as much as I enjoy seeing that)

Got a soft spot for grandfathers and it always makes me proud to see people treat their grandfathers with the same love and respect I had for mine. Really powerful stuff.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

FullChoke

An incredible tribute honoring two of the giants in the greatest conservation success story in this country. We all owe them a profound debt of gratitude for their tireless work and wise promotion of the restoration of this greatest game bird that we love to hunt so much. Salute gentlemen.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

King Cobra

Thanks Greg, this clearly depicts The Passion some of us share for Turkey Hunting. It brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing...
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Gobbler-one

I'm a big Tom Kelly fan and a long time admirer of Mr. Fox. Mossy Oak produced a gem with this documentary and I'm glad it was done while both gentlemen are still living to see the tribute.
Also very educational for anyone interested in the history of the restoration and come back of the wild turkey. Highly recommend.

RaspyD

I absolutely enjoyed watching. A great tribute to the history and restoration of the wild turkey and two fellas who inspired the passion to make it happen. Very well done by all involved.
Perfection Turkey Calls

btomlin

Very well done.  Great watch.  Makes me want to read Col Tom Kelly's book even worse....now if I can ever find one.

ncwoodsman

Thanks Greg for posting this. Awesome documentary, well done!

ScottTaulbee

The things that generation of men done not only in their local communities but across the country for the love of the wild turkey is remarkable. Both of these men are fine examples of that.

It's a silly thing to say in a way, but when I first saw and touched my first dead gobbler that my dad's friend killed and showed up at the house with at the age of 4, something clicked inside of me and I knew I was going to be a turkey hunter because of the mystery of them. He was wearing Mossy Oak. The thing looked like a dragon!. I knew I had to feel the feathers of another. Being a kid, I watched every Mossy oak and Knight and hale vhs that I could talk my dad out of. Knight and Hale are KY boys, and our Walmart was loaded with their stuff. I naturally gravitated to them and they wore mossy oak. To me, Mossy Oak camo meant turkey hunting. Every time I saw someone wearing it, I instantly thought, that guy is a turkey hunter, and in the rare occasion that daddy let me pick out new camo, it was mossy oak. Always. Still is 26 years later. Watching their videos it was apparent that turkey hunting was their life blood, the realtree guys seemed to be deer junkies that turkey hunted for the video opportunity. I knew that they were my kind of people from the get go. I say all that to say, marketing geniuses or not, I'll proudly wear my mossy oak, my fox vest and think of this documentary every time I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk