OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hip Boot/Wader Suggestions?

Started by BDeal, April 02, 2024, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShortMagFan

Pre order only. I don't own any of these fancy brands but thought these looked interesting

https://chenegear.com/collections/mossy-oak-bottomland-collection/products/slough-boot

hunter85

I just got a set of Rogers sporting goods breathables as my 15 yo Kmart brand pvc's got hard a cracked to pieces. I have to say I like them the only negative is that they are insulated in the boot. I'm a 10.5 wide and ordered a 10 as I didn't want them floppy on my foot and I think they fit just right with a thin pair of socks.

ElkTurkMan

BDeal

Quote from: hunter85 on April 02, 2024, 08:50:33 PM
I just got a set of Rogers sporting goods breathables as my 15 yo Kmart brand pvc's got hard a cracked to pieces. I have to say I like them the only negative is that they are insulated in the boot. I'm a 10.5 wide and ordered a 10 as I didn't want them floppy on my foot and I think they fit just right with a thin pair of socks.

I see the Rogers breathables are on sale. Anyone else have experience with these? Can anyone comment on how the Dan's Froglegs are in warmer weather and are they easy to walk in?

Thank You!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: BDeal on April 03, 2024, 09:17:41 AM

I see the Rogers breathables are on sale. Anyone else have experience with these? Can anyone comment on how the Dan's Froglegs are in warmer weather and are they easy to walk in?

Thank You!
Dan's frog legs are very comfortable in all weather but they do get hot in the summer. They're not a breathable fabric, they're briar proof and will last through more abuse than any man wants to put them through. As far as Roger's breathable waders, save your money. I bought a pair to duck hunt in, lasted one season, 52 hunts, before they started leaking like a sieve. Patched them up and put them in the closet, first time out the next season, was leaking in more places. Trashed them.  Won't buy them again unless in a pinch. I've had a bunch of the wader brands since and can tell you for certain, that Chene gear tops them all as far as waders go. But again, not briar proof. Depends on what you're gonna be going through. Also waders aren't designed to walk miles in, they're made to get out of a boat, put them on, stand in the water, take off, get back in boat. The seams and material won't stand up to abuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDeal

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on April 03, 2024, 09:49:51 AM

Thank You!
Dan's frog legs are very comfortable in all weather but they do get hot in the summer. They're not a breathable fabric, they're briar proof and will last through more abuse than any man wants to put them through. As far as Roger's breathable waders, save your money. I bought a pair to duck hunt in, lasted one season, 52 hunts, before they started leaking like a sieve. Patched them up and put them in the closet, first time out the next season, was leaking in more places. Trashed them.  Won't buy them again unless in a pinch. I've had a bunch of the wader brands since and can tell you for certain, that Chene gear tops them all as far as waders go. But again, not briar proof. Depends on what you're gonna be going through. Also waders aren't designed to walk miles in, they're made to get out of a boat, put them on, stand in the water, take off, get back in boat. The seams and material won't stand up to abuse

52 Hunts for a pair of $110 breathable waders sounds good to me. I don't use  them all that often but do some for Hunting and Fishing.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: BDeal on April 03, 2024, 11:38:48 AM
Quote from: ScottTaulbee on April 03, 2024, 09:49:51 AM

Thank You!

52 Hunts for a pair of $110 breathable waders sounds good to me. I don't use  them all that often but do some for Hunting and Fishing.

Wow, I didn't realize they were that low now!. I paid almost 300 when I bought mine. I believe they were 287 or so before tax and what not

BDeal

BDeal

I bought the Dan's Froglegs with Dan's boot. I'm very happy with them. Super comfortable and light.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: BDeal on April 15, 2024, 10:10:40 AM
I bought the Dan's Froglegs with Dan's boot. I'm very happy with them. Super comfortable and light.
Good deal, you won't be disappointed!