OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hip Boot/Wader Suggestions?

Started by BDeal, April 02, 2024, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Does anyone make a decent pair of hip boots anymore? I have a pair of Cabela's brand that have been great for many years but they don't make them anymore. The Frog togs brand have a lot of negative reviews.

Thanks!

ScottTaulbee

Dan's Froglegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbhyman88

btomlin

I wear the Dan's froglegs most of the Fall while trapping.  I can go seamlessly from land to water to land.  If you go with the Dan's branded boots on the froglegs, I would recommend going up 1 size in boot.  I wear an 11 and my 11s are SNUG.

BDeal

Quote from: btomlin on April 02, 2024, 10:36:55 AM
I wear the Dan's froglegs most of the Fall while trapping.  I can go seamlessly from land to water to land.  If you go with the Dan's branded boots on the froglegs, I would recommend going up 1 size in boot.  I wear an 11 and my 11s are SNUG.

Is there a website for Dan's? Thank You!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: BDeal on April 02, 2024, 11:21:26 AM

https://danshuntinggear.com/

btomlin

www.danshuntinggear.com

I have the 5star frog legs.  They have multiple boot styles to choose from.

Bottomland OG

Dan's and Yoder both make good hip boots.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: BDeal on April 02, 2024, 11:21:26 AM

To give you an idea of durability, I wear mine year round from frog gigging, to coon hunting, to trapping, to duck hunting, to kayaking, turkey and deer hunting, you name it. I'm on my second pair and I've been wearing them since 2008. And I'd still have my first pair but the lacrosse granges sprung a leak. My second pair is the dans boots, bought in 2018 and they still look new

capecodmike

go dans hip boots.  I have a pair of waist waders.  Pain in the butt to use.  not that easy to walk in. 

If I was going to do it again it would be hip boots.

Badger

I have used a pair of Chota Hippies over the years.  They are light weight.  Chota still makes them and I still have mine.

BDeal

Quote from: Badger on April 02, 2024, 01:05:14 PM
I have used a pair of Chota Hippies over the years.  They are light weight.  Chota still makes them and I still have mine.

The Chotas are all stocking foot versions correct?

Badger

Yes they are.  I had to go check.  I wear Lacrosse rubber boots when bow hunting and most places I can make it across, but I have run into overflow.

jdl80

The frog toggs aren't that bad for cheap light duty hippers. If yer just crossing creeks and puddles and not really bushwhacking in them they hold up pretty good. They are very squeaky however.

outdoorsmen

I wear lacrosse hip boots.