OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Personal Ethics-Tree Gobbler

Started by Super Fox, March 29, 2024, 10:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on April 09, 2024, 11:44:18 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 31, 2024, 06:35:12 PM
In the future, I've learned from this thread that the only victim to suffer here was the roosted gobbler. Forget about right, wrong, ethical, non-ethical if this happens to, I will stand up, fire a shot into the air, and walk out of the woods singing loudly. This way, the bird flys off unscathed, the invading hunters learn a lesson, and you have this fine Tom to hunt another day. I know this is "Monday Morning Quarterbacking", but I try to learn from experiences on here. This really is something to learn about for the future.....Be safe...
Tom007,  The only thing I could disagree with in your statement, that the other hunters learned a lesson.  The ones have come across don't ever seem to learn!

I have definitly walked away from folks wanting to mix it up!  My comment to them was they weren't worth the effort!

Ralph

Amen Ralph, I avoid crowds, controversy, and altercations with hunters.....it just isn't worth it. My "rumbling" days are over since I retired from Ice Hockey a few years ago. Now it's just time to hunt and enjoy the woods.....
"Solo hunter"