turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Crystal Cracked

Started by 870BkWht, July 16, 2011, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

This past spring I had a custom crystal pot call made and after hunting season I put it in my vest for use for another day.  I made sure that all my calls, strikers, vest, gloves, hats, etc. were all clean and dry before putting them away.  I pulled that crystal pot out today just to make a few calls and found the crystal surface to be cracked.  This call has been treated better than any other call Ive ever had.  I did not drop the call one time or misuse the call or abuse it.  What would cause the call the crack.  Its been stored inside my house ever since Spring Gobbler season has been over in late May.  Also can situations like this usually be fixed?

pcgobbler

I don't know what may have caused it to crack.  I would bet that if it were made by any of the custom callmakers on here they would replace the surface free of charge, or a minimal charge if you shipped it to them.

chatterbox

Quote from: pcgobbler on July 16, 2011, 03:36:20 PM
I don't know what may have caused it to crack.  I would bet that if it were made by any of the custom callmakers on here they would replace the surface free of charge, or a minimal charge if you shipped it to them.
I agree. The guys on here who make calls will stand by them! :icon_thumright:

misfire

Humidity caused the surface to crack. Depending on the wood used, some ( like maple) tend to move more in changing climates. The call maker should make it right, if he doesnt, PM and I will fix it
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

doepee

I would think that the callmaker would stand by his product... did it crack right through the middle?? I have had this happen and to me once it has cracked and has been fixed, to me it just never has the right sound again!

Old Gobbler

Contact the Turkey Call Maker , and they will handle it for you 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

870BkWht

This call in particular has maple, cherry, osage, and cedar all glued into a laminated pot.  I have already contacted the call maker and he without a doubt is #1 in his customer service.  Thanks for the replies. 

Gobblerstopper

A different glue would probably prevent some of the cracking that occurs with the crystal, but I really like the sound of what I use and can't bring myself to be happy with any other glue.  Either way, get it back to me and I will get it done up for you.  I guess it's better now than in the middle of season.   :-[

The call in happier times....

chatterbox

Quote from: 870BkWht on July 16, 2011, 10:28:23 PM
This call in particular has maple, cherry, osage, and cedar all glued into a laminated pot.  I have already contacted the call maker and he without a doubt is #1 in his customer service.  Thanks for the replies. 
Andy WILL make it right. He is a top notch call maker, and an upstanding guy! :icon_thumright:

West Augusta

I don't blame you for wanting to get that fixed. It is a beautiful call.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

magnoliagamecalls

Basser69

That is a good looking call!