turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Loftis vs Lapp

Started by napier011, March 28, 2024, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napier011

I need your alls recommendations. I haven't made contact with Lapp yet, but after reading several threads here, these 2 names are highly recommended. I want to know if Lapp's is worth the wait and money over the chatterbox? Thanks for any help!!!

Manager8

I just talked to Lapp the other day as he finished up a yelper for me.
Asked to be put on push pin list said it'll be a year just figured I'd let you know how long the way I'll be

callmakerman

Tim Bullock or Shannon Kelly ( old gobbler ) are two that flat out get it done. Winkey Hinkes is another.

bulian82

Get on Lapps list and wait on it. Get a chatterbox, or one of Shannon's or Tim bullocks while your waiting. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lcmacd 58

All good advise.... I have all except Shannon's
If I needed 1 soon chatterbox is where I'd start .... but I would contact each 1 to see whats available.  You might be able to get a windy hicks also

Tom007

Mike Lapps push-pins are turkey killers too. Shannon's top the list, but Mike's is a great choice. There's a reason why Shannon and Mike's are hard to come buy, they sound all turkey and are very well crafted......
"Solo hunter"

davisd9

Never played a Lapp. Would like to get one for each my boys, but do have the Loftis and it is a great call.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bwhana

I had a Chatterbox and it is a good call, especially for the price point.

I have seen Mike and Tim's at Unicoi and they are really nice - a big step up from the Chatterbox. The only reason I didn't buy one from them is I  was fortunate enough to get an OG last spring.

The OG is the king of the hill.

napier011

Thanks for all the replies. I'd love to own one of Shannon's calls for sure. His commitment, dedication and passion shows in his work and that's what I look for and admire from a call maker. I called Lapp and got on his list for February/March. Again, thank you all for the feedback. Happy Easter to you all and best of luck this season!!