OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Customer display

Started by misfire, July 15, 2011, 09:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Had someone request a duck call display with some wood that he had. The cypress certainly required some extra attention as it was full of some very large inclusions and some rot. Wound up looking pretty good though and even incorporated a 4x6 picture frame

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

kenturkey89

That display looks awesome misfire, and those calls are sweet too!!   :icon_thumright:
Brian

savduck

Lee, that is excellent man.
Georgia Boy

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

drenalinld

That looks awesome! I'm jealous!

rempumpman

That's a great display; now.........could you make one out of old barn wood to give it that "100 year old" look? I think that would go over very well;

Beautiful work for sure; coangrats...................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

misfire

Thanks guys. The customer handed me two pieces of the cypress and said, "Make me a call display". The rest was up to me and my imagination. Normally not a problem, but the wood is full of some of the biggest inclusions, some that went all the way through the wood, plus a lot of rot. Personally, I would have used the wood for kindling, but the customer gets what he wants. I used walnut on the picture frame for some contrast. The 5/8 dowels I made out of poplar, then ebonized them for even more contrast

rem,
As long as the wood is semi useable, I can make anything.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Basser69

Mighty fine looking display!