OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SP-10

Started by darron, July 15, 2011, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Thinking about getting a used sp-10 for turkey hunting and late season waterfowl hunting. I used to have a browning gold 10 and had several problems with it.

For those of you that have an sp-10 do you like them?

What choke combo do you use with normal lead loads?

frank1969

love all 5 of them

Gamblinman

Love mine. I have multiple barrels for mine, so it's used for ducks, geese, turkey coyote, and even home defense. Setting right next to me now with a custom cylinder bore choke and 00 buck in it. Very reliable, has never failed to cycle or eject.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Devastator

absolutely love mine.ballistics .690 and fed h.w. 7's.the only thing i do not like is the weight,but that helps tame the recoil ALOT.

ElkTurkMan

Love mine as well, never had a problem and It ahs been in some tough conditons goose hunting.  I am converting into a turkey rig, and am excited about the potential.

jig pitcher

Love mine.  It's a dedicated turkey rig, never had any problems (other than the weight).  Had a gold 3.5 12 ga just before the sp-10, it didn't perform like I wanted, so now it is a duck gun.

John Y

darron, I bought a Browning 10 Ga. Gold NWTF last year and have had no problems as yet.  I was wondering what kind of problems you had because my grandson has about taken over mine and I was thinking about buying another.
Thanks, John

nflorek

Quote from: John Y on August 01, 2011, 09:33:22 AM
darron, I bought a Browning 10 Ga. Gold NWTF last year and have had no problems as yet.  I was wondering what kind of problems you had because my grandson has about taken over mine and I was thinking about buying another.
Thanks, John
I Have 2 browning gold 10 ga's and have never had any problems with them.

gobbler74

Heavy so brace yourself but they (Rem) pattern well. I prefer a gold light but rem sp10 is a killer too
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Ozark Ridge Runner

gobbler74

If I hadnt just bought a nwtf gold I'd get that sp-10. Thats a nice gun at a good price. I know of one is comparable shape but the guy wants 1K! So good deal there for the sp10 and nostalgic to boot. Great turkey slayer  :icon_thumright:   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

I have that same exact gun - mine of course is so used it had to be re-dipped and mine has a FF2 and scope = it is a awesome turkey gun

Now about the price , I would say that 700 would be a good price for it if it were slightly used , but since that one is near mint , I would say 750- 800 would be a fair asking price

Remember , they don't make them anymore .....
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon