turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg Silver Reserve Eventide camo over under

Started by Cmv82207, March 25, 2024, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmv82207

Hello, I have been looking at these new mossberg silver reserve eventide over under greenleaf camo shotguns on the internet and am highly interested in purchasing one, has anyone on here got one yet? What do you think about it? I already have the 940 pro turkey with the 18.5 barrel and love it. I think the over under is a neat idea. Thanks!

FlCracker13

I would like to know also.  I to have the 940 but really like the idea of a 20ga or 28ga over and under.

HookedonHooks

Hearing some reports early on of potential serious POI issues between barrels, waiting for some positive feedback from some folks I know that got one. I would like one in 28 gauge.

I'm in the same boat with my 18.5" 940. It's a turkey killing gun, but still looking to add another for some reason

superblackeagle

I bought one in 20 gauge. Top barrel shoots to same POA/POI. Bottom barrel shoots low with heavy loads. I am going to try a lead #7 hand load out of bottom barrel but I will most likely have to shoot a lighter TSS load with an open choke. I bought it for this reason so I'm fine with it. The overall length makes it a really nice handling gun in the turkey woods. I've always hunted with semi autos so I really like the practicality of a break action gun.

I had an issue with the opening on the front sling stud attached to the barrel. The diameter was just small enough to where I had to try several different slings before I could get one to fit. The only one I could get to fit was the oldest and most worn out. I'm just gonna polish up several of the sling attachments to make them fit for now.