turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta A300 Ultima Turkey

Started by cassga, March 24, 2024, 08:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassga

I got a heads up from an earlier post that Midway USA had these marked down with free shipping,  so I ordered one and picked it up from a local FFL this week.  Figured I'd try the stock full choke and was pretty impressed.  I've grown to like a slightly open pattern at 40 yds so I'm not shooting a softball at closer ranges.  I'll try some other chokes later but I think this thing will hunt. First shot on the left.  I made a slight adjustment and centered the pattern a little better on the second.  Both were from 40 yds.

cassga

Doubledup

Nice pattern and nice Tom. I purchased same gun but a month before the sale unfortunately. I tried double x and longbeards with stock choke and wasn't very impressed. I just picked up a carlsons LB so I'll see how it looks. Have 3 weeks till season opens. Mine is a 20 ga and I also added a trijicon RMR.

cassga

Let me know how the Carlsons works out. I plan on trying some other chokes after the season, but for now I have 100% confidence in the current setup using Apex #9's. This bird was at 29 steps, and didn't flop until I picked him up.

Doubledup

Just got around to shooting it this afternoon. Very happy with results.
30 yards #6 LBs there were 148 pellets in 10". 40 yards was 88 and 50 there were 23. The 50 yard shot was a little high but that was me. If I took it down a little there would've been good amount more. If I can figure out how to post pics I will. Pics from my phone are in JPEG format.

cassga

Quote from: Doubledup on April 08, 2024, 08:21:43 PM
Just got around to shooting it this afternoon. Very happy with results.
30 yards #6 LBs there were 148 pellets in 10". 40 yards was 88 and 50 there were 23. The 50 yard shot was a little high but that was me. If I took it down a little there would've been good amount more. If I can figure out how to post pics I will. Pics from my phone are in JPEG format.

Those #'s should work just fine. Have you considered trying TSS? I suspect you would see a big jump in count, especially at 40+ yards.

Doubledup

Have not considered TSS. I don't feel the cost is worth it. I think the best part of turkey hunting is getting them into range. 40 yards would be my max I'd shoot. I'm sure they'll be hunts where I wish he was 10 steps closer but that's hunting and there's always tomorrow.

PV266

Looks like you have a red dot on the rib, could you please tell me what your setup is?

Doubledup

Not hijacking the OP post but I have a trijicon RMO 8G mounted on the picatinny rail it comes with. Very happy with it.