OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1918 Model 12

Started by Berry93, March 24, 2024, 01:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 25, 2024, 04:09:41 PM
Quote from: Canadian on March 25, 2024, 10:55:46 AM
Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 25, 2024, 08:28:03 AM
I shoot Foxtrot Mini Twister TSS  9'S in my 1930's Model 12. My gun has been customized, reduced the barrel from 32" to 26" and had it threaded for choke tubes.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I also couldnt help but notice your sling setup for it... Looks good. Mind sharing with the rest of the class how you did it? Lol!

Looks like you have an aftermarked sling stud mount installed between the magazine cap and foremost position of the pump handle? Looks good.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

It's a GrovTec barrel band for the mag tube. I'm pretty sure the one below is correct but measure your tube. Put a sling stud in the stock.

SHOTGUN 12GA. MAG TUBE TWO PIECE BARREL BAND LOCKING SWIVEL SET - GTSW202

Thanks so much, thats a game changer!

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

crow

Quote from: Super Fox on March 25, 2024, 10:20:22 AM
Excellent pattern at that range.

I have a few extra Model 12s inherited after my father left us in 2000. He used one 1950s M-12 for 50 years on dove, ducks, geese and turkey. I got him
a Heavy Duck gun like mine and he started to use it on turkeys. The 1914 Model 1912 has accounted for quite a few turkeys over the years.

This is a good site, with much valuable information. It would be good if OG would consider a subheading "Vintage Guns" or Vintage turkey gun section.
I have double guns also: AH Fox, LC Smith, and Parker doubles, and I hunt with them. I don't use or hunt with any
newer shotguns. Two of the Fox guns were made in 1916.  If any viewers agree with this idea, please let your moderators know. Thanks!

There are occasionally old gun threads which seem to get a lot of attention in this section or the lead shooters section, I would like to see more old gun info posted.
Sounds like you have some nice SXS's, start a thread here or in the lead shooters section on how their choked, loads and patterns

I like old/new  SXS's, fun guns to hunt with and adds to the hunt, picked up a 1910 Fox AE xfull/xfull last fall, working on left barrel loads for this spring, right barrel is good to go