turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CZ Mallard 20 gauge arrived today

Started by g8rvet, March 20, 2024, 08:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Been hunting one for years. I shoot O/U for duck, goose, dove and quail.  Finally found this out of production gun I have been looking for about 10 years.  I wanted a double trigger.  Gonna put a Reflex on it (just cause I want to).  Pray it has good POI barrel regulation.  Will post results of pattern pics and how it looks once set up.  I have an SA-459 in 20 that has never missed from 8 yards to 37, but I just wanted this gun.  Gonna hold on to it for my grandsons.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TrackeySauresRex

:anim_25:
What's she look like? Post it up..
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

g8rvet

41 yards with Federal Heavyweight #7.  That was aimed at his head.   So chin at 40 yards. 20 yards was a grapefruit size.IM choke of 7.5 lead 1 ounce was poison at 20 yards aimed where the feathers meet the skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

555 seems better. 

7.5 at 20. 

crow

Nice pickup and patterns, the mallard's POI looks good for left and right.

BrowningGuy88

I've thought very seriously about finding one of those.

I love a double barrel, but double triggers is a must to me.

You have a killer right there!

g8rvet

I need to dial in the elevation a bit more.   Ran out of daylight. 

Same here.  Double triggers was a must. 

g8rvet

Okay, final results for anyone setting up a CZ Mallard 20. 

Trulock extended Huglu IM in top barrel (rear trigger), Trulock extended Huglu 555 in bottom barrel (front trigger).   Sumtoy would be my only other choice. 

Holosun 509t green dot mounted to rib with Truglo RMR mount. 

Both points of aim are half way between top of head and where the feathers meet the caruncle.  That is the point I natural tend to aim at with all my other guns.

41 yards, Fed Heavyweight #7 3" 1.5 Ounces

20 yards B&P #7.5 1 ounce

As you can see there is a bit of difference in POI, the 7.5 are tiny bit high, the #7 are dead on.  I also shot the 7.5 and 15 yards and the 7s at 20 yards.  Dead on with both and not overly tight.

You could definitely chase numbers and get a better pattern with TSS at 40, but I still have a case of these shells and they have never failed me (got them when rumors started they were gonna D/C and got them dirt cheap).

DocHolliday

G, I think you'll love it. My Dad sure likes his. I couldn't get him on the sxs bandwagon (old wingshooter, too), so I set him up a Mallard. It's actually a great concept.

Best of luck with it!