turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli SBE 3 20 gauge

Started by Greenhead12, March 20, 2024, 01:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhead12

Just got off the phone with Benelli USA the new models with the serial number ending IT 23 should all be drilled and tapped from here on out. So if you want it that way, just make sure the serial number ends IT 23

Greenhead12

They also said they beefed up the receiver cover were screw holes were tapped.

MCturkey

Quote from: adamky on March 25, 2024, 06:38:28 AM
Mine from the factory.
20 gauge

So has anyone removed these plugs? My 28 has them, but I'm not sure they'll come out?

adamky

I used an 8D nail to knock mine out.  I saved them to put back in after I take my sumtoy mount off for Dove and duck hunting.

runngun

Are the plugs threaded? If so I would NOT knock them out with anything, especially a nail.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

adamky

They are just plastic plugs.  They are snug.  They have to be pushed out from the inside.  They are not threaded.  I just used something skinnier than the hole to not damage threads when pushing plug out.

Gmed

I am contemplating purchasing one of the 20 gauges. Since there are just two holes at the back of the receiver drilled and tapped, what weaver style base or bases other than a Sumtoy style fits?

Greenhead12

Quote from: Gmed on April 04, 2024, 06:32:18 PM
I am contemplating purchasing one of the 20 gauges. Since there are just two holes at the back of the receiver drilled and tapped, what weaver style base or bases other than a Sumtoy style fits?

Got mine from SumToy, he has them on his website. Just make sure you get the 2023 model sbe 3 with IT 23 after serial number.

Gmed

Quote from: Greenhead12 on April 05, 2024, 06:54:36 AM
Quote from: Gmed on April 04, 2024, 06:32:18 PM

Got mine from SumToy, he has them on his website. Just make sure you get the 2023 model sbe 3 with IT 23 after serial number.

Yeah, I was looking for a weaver style cross slot other than Sumtoy. I have Sumtoy bases and like them a lot but seeing what Weaver style option was available....

e_stallman

Any word on if the new drilled and tapped receiver cover will fit the models that are not drilled and tapped? Meaning, could the new cover be purchased and put on the older one.