OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli SBE 3 20 gauge

Started by Greenhead12, March 20, 2024, 01:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhead12

Does anyone know if the newest model sbe 3 20 gauge comes drilled and taped?

Gmed

I saw or read somewhere, that from this point forward, they would be as well as the 28 gauges. Can't verify as I haven't laid eyes on either gauge.....

adamky

Bought a tungsten and timber SBE3 yesterday.  It is drilled and tapped but only the back 2 holes closest to the shoulder stock.  I ordered a sumtoy base for mine.  Now just waiting.

Greenhead12

Quote from: adamky on March 20, 2024, 10:09:27 PM
Bought a tungsten and timber SBE3 yesterday.  It is drilled and tapped but only the back 2 holes closest to the shoulder stock.  I ordered a sumtoy base for mine.  Now just waiting.

Was there a build date on the box? I'm trying to find ones of these. Talked to 4 or 5 Benelli dealers none of them have heard of the drilled and tapped sbe 3 20 gauge's models. Benelli is closed for the week so can't ask them.

adamky

I'm really not sure.  I threw the box away.   I can check on the sticker that came inside the case when I get to the house in the morning.

adamky

There Wasn't a date on the stickers inside the box.  Wish I could help.

Greenhead12

Quote from: adamky on March 22, 2024, 09:25:41 AM
There Wasn't a date on the stickers inside the box.  Wish I could help.

Thanks!

I just got a message from the people that run Benelli facebook page saying they don't come drilled and tapped. Now I am even more confused.

adamky

I'll be more than glad to send you a pic to your phone and you can send to Benelli if you want lol

Gmed

Here is a 28 gauge. You'll have to look close to see the camo plug screws. Not my gun so I don't have better photos....

3bailey3

Off topic some but I never throw away the box a gun comes in, if you ever want to sell it will add vaule!

runngun

Quote from: 3bailey3 on March 23, 2024, 07:34:12 PM
Off topic some but I never throw away the box a gun comes in, if you ever want to sell it will add vaule!
Yep I have always kept the gun boxes. I have them stacked up in a spare room.  That way I can keep my Wife on her toes. She'll ask, "How long have you had that one? " my response is always the same. "I   been had it"!!! I may have been had it 20 years or 20 minutes!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ihuntoldschool

No they're not.

12 Gauge 3.5 D/T.
12 Gauge 3 inch not D/T
20 Gauge Not D/T.

Greenhead12

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on March 23, 2024, 10:32:48 PM
No they're not.

12 Gauge 3.5 D/T.
12 Gauge 3 inch not D/T
20 Gauge Not D/T.

They must have changed at some point because adamky has one that he just bought. He sent me photos of it and it has the factory plastic plugs just like that 28 gauge that was posted.

Ihuntoldschool

I'm not sure.

That's what I was told by Benelli on the phone 

adamky

Mine from the factory.
20 gauge