turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

USPS New gripe.......

Started by Yoder409, March 18, 2024, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Maybe belongs elsewhere.   But, after EZ's aborted mess........

Sent a Yoder409 small bourbon satchel on March 4th from Pennsylvania to a fellow in Kansas.  He texted me that it made it to within 20 miles of his house.......... then went to New Jersey.  I was away.  Checked the tracking last night.  It finally turned back around and got delivered on March 16th.

The heck of it is, I'd have paid the same or less had I sent it UPS.  But the Post Office is 1/2 mile from the house.  UPS is 25 miles. 

But, fool me once...........    >:(
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Lcmacd 58

It doesn't seem to make any difference what part of the US you are in ..... its all pitiful ...

GregGwaltney

I try to use UPS these days, but drop-off points are not far from me.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

Manager8

USPS is definitely hit or miss. I had a satchel delivered to my house last week. I was home and it said it was delivered to my house. I go outside the mailman was just coming to my mailbox he put a few things in box. I asked where is my package he said I don't have a package so I showed him that the tracking said it was just delivered. He gave me a phone number said call them they will know where my package is and who scanned I said okay. Went back in house called and they said he delivered on 2nd street I live on 1st. I look out window he's pulling back up to drop it off the whole denying it was his mistake that it was somebody else fought

Wvgobbler

USPS is an absolute joke. That's all I'm going to say

aclawrence

I'm having an issue with them right now myself. I sent out two striker displays in the mail on the 11th. One went right where it was supposed to be and the other made it to the facility a couple hours away and has been sitting there ever since. So much for 2-3 day shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

It continues............

I got a letter today from a local agency office.   I had to call them because there was a typo on a name that needed corrected.  The guy says, "You just got that letter TODAY ??"   I said, "Uh huh".

Then I looked.   Letter is dated March 1, 2024.   Took it 20 days to come 23 miles.............

Seriously..........    :z-dizzy:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

turkey stew

Yoder remember my trumpet case going to Detroit to  Mass. to Maine to NH. then back to Detroit and finally to me! I'm surprised it did'nt make a trip to the west coast!

Yoder409

Quote from: turkey stew on March 21, 2024, 06:20:04 PM
Yoder remember my trumpet case going to Detroit to  Mass. to Maine to NH. then back to Detroit and finally to me! I'm surprised it did'nt make a trip to the west coast!

Yep !!!   

I shipped 8 holsters that day.  Yours....and the other one going to Michigan were BOTH wanked up.  But YOURS definitely won the high-mileage award.   I mean....... Michigan........Massachusetts........Maine........   Hard to tell the difference between 'em.

Apparrently..........
PA elitist since 1979

EZ

I'm so gun-shy about shipping calls now, lol. Thankfully (fingers crossed) I've had good luck after my debacle  ;D

g8rvet

The gubment does so well with the postal service, I think we should put them in charge of healthcare too.  What could go wrong?
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

turkey stew

Quote from: g8rvet on March 21, 2024, 10:21:06 PM
The gubment does so well with the postal service, I think we should put them in charge of healthcare too.  What could go wrong?
Nothing according to them! Now you see me now you do'nt. :OGani: :TooFunny:

backforty

I bought a Firearm that spent three weeks in limbo bouncing around Missouri. When I called the post master all they could say was that it was in the system and would show up eventually. It did finally show up bu the fact they couldn't tell me anything is crazy.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

aclawrence

My striker display is still lost in the Birmingham distribution two hours away from me. I'll be using UPS for these going forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joneshunter

Ole Post man might have tried it out before delivery  :z-guntootsmiley: