turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vortex venom dust cover modification

Started by RiverRoost, March 18, 2024, 02:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I had a system rigged up on my old gun with elastic strap to keep my vortex venom dust cover from popping off when carrying my gun on my shoulder, got an M2 and the place I used to hook my loop to my venom base isn't there with the Sumtoy base. Has anyone figured out a way to keep the dust covers from popping off walking through the woods?

Ridge Rooster

I am surprised that something has not been invented for this common issue. I have gone through a bunch of Burris FF3 Dream Plastics covers to the point of no longer carrying them in the field.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Candyman

I have had this issue as well with my vortex venom on my Encore. I used braided fishing line and ran the line through the cover a few times using a needle and then tied it to the trigger guard. If it he cover comes off it is attached to the gun. When I setup on a turkey I take the cover off and it hangs out of the way. The line is about 6" long.

RiverRoost

I actually think I'm going to tie a knot on the loose end and put a paper clip on it and hook the other end of paper clip to the elastic line that is coming out of the top of the dust cover that I poked through the cover and tied a knot on the inside.

fmf

I don't have a venom, but on my holosun dust cover I just put two holes in the bottom of either side and put an elastic string in them.  It is enough to keep it on, then you can just stretch it and position the cover on the side of your receiver so it is out of the way when hunting.  The only downside is to completely remove it you have to remove the sling which is no big deal really

twyatt

Just rigged this up for my Kingslayer on my M2 that's on a Meadow Creek mount.  Just made a little slit on either side of the cover and used some 1/4" elastic.   

btomlin

I did something similar to above but used thin velco strips that go around the receiver.....(not the loud RIPPPPP velco, but some velco strips that I got for cleaning up/tying up some of my computer cords and such).