OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Custom Calls

Started by Dylanh, March 17, 2024, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanh

I know there is a list of custom call makers on this website but i wanted to get some real world advice and experiences from some of yall. I am wanting to get a custom made box call. I have been looking at David Halloran but wanted to explore my other options. I want a louder box call that I can use as a locator call and to make some gobbles so probably needs to be double sided. Any recommendations

Alabama556

Ss custom calls https://sscustomcalls.com/index.html great calls great people
Jeff white https://www.jeffwhitecustomcalls.com/store/c16/Short_boxes.html
Mike Robare x call company several on eBay right now.
Ed terefencko http://www.terefenckoturkeycalls.com/available-calls.html several available

There are others but the wait is long.

those are some of my favorites that are consistent and easy to play.

Jeff white has a persimmon over cedar that is one of the best sounding calls I have ever held. I gave it to my brother as a gift but will pick one up again.

Stumpy13

I just received one of Jeff's persimmon over cedar calls any it is really a well built sweet sounding call. You wouldn't be disappointed if that was a call you purchased .

boatpaddle

Kill 2 birds with one stone & buy a long box...

Can be very loud or as soft as you want it...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Greg Massey

If you are new to boxes, i wouldn't buy a long box for your first one.

People to consider for short boxes in no order....  S S Customs, Jeff White, Jeff McKamey, Marlin Watkins and TJ Johnson

A lot has to do with what you want to spend and how fast you want a box...

If i was wanting just a good 100 - 125 dollar box i would contact SS Custom and see what they have available on their website and they will send you sound files of the ones your interested in hearing..

Wvgobbler

If your wanting a box call to hunt with and kill turkeys SS custom calls give Al a shout and he will build you a phenomenal call that will get the job done!!!

captpete

I'll throw another name out there for you to check out...Spring Creek Calls. He is a member here on OG. His calls are very reasonably priced and full of turkey.

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on March 18, 2024, 07:52:00 AM
Kill 2 birds with one stone & buy a long box...

Can be very loud or as soft as you want it...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Featherbrain

Jeff white custom calls gets my vote!

hawkeye1958

Sprin Creek Calls,

I have one of his little Walnut Half Moon box calls. I use it for some softer, close in calling. I think the price now is less than I paid a couple years ago.

Alot of Turkey for the dollars spent.

Sim1982

Jeff White custom calls there on another level he is putting out some absolute killers for a great price

napier011

I can attest to Jeff White's...absolutely phenomenal. I ordered a padauk over limba and only regret is that I didn't order sooner! Best of luck

napier011

Another one is Mike Lapp...don't own but I've heard his boxes. Another absolute killer!!

Brinkcalls

Spring creek calls. He is a class act and good dude. Very reasonable and great sounding calls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTH

Jeff White
SS calls
Spring Creek

All hard to beat for a great call that doesn't break the bank and will perform and kill birds!
Phil 4:13