turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Florida deja vu all over again

Started by joey46, March 17, 2024, 08:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

BTW - many of the Florida exempts that only hunt private land have no idea these birds are now required to be reported.  We had no cell service in this swamp so Larry filled out the temporary paper form to be legal on the walk out and we checked via the FWC phone app when reaching higher ground.  FWC now has a daily updated harvest report on their web site.  Nice to see them getting into the computer age.  About time. 

PharmHunter

M,Yingling

Nice !!  Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

eggshell

Quote from: joey46 on March 18, 2024, 08:18:45 AM
Thanks for the resize.  What app?  I'm not thrilled with any I've used so far.

This what I used, it's free and simple. https://imageresizer.com/

JeffC

Congrats to your friend Mr. Joey, look forward to seeing you holding an even bigger Tom. Did he put a tape on that hook?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Hook hanger

Congratulations on a fine hunt! Those are some impressive daggers on the bird!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats to both of you!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Gobbler-one

Congrats to your friend on a fine gobbler. starting the season off right. Your turn now.

WV Flopper

Congratulations and good for you!

Happy

Congrats, glad y'all had fun.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

joey46

Lol to the previous remark.  Took me a minute. Glad some are paying attention.

In answer to a previous question I did save the hooks.  Measure at some point.  We have taken at least 25 Osceolas with a few buddy doubles in the 17+ years we've hunted as a team.  These spurs easily rank number 2.  The thing about swamp birds is the spurs don't wear down. These are needle sharp. Don't try and grab a  Florida flopper.  Eek.
ADD - both measure 1 1/2"  well within the Florida Registry criteria.  Beard a 10 1/2.  Needed another 1/2 inch.  Oh well.

joey46

Thanks again for the resizing info.  Think I got it straightened out.  No more really big pictures I hope.  I corrected the one in my original post.

Stick

Congratulations on a great opening day gobbler!

turkey stew

That gobbler definitely has massive daggers! How long were they? He would have destroyed the funky chicken! Congrats on a mighty fine hunt.