turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Camo Pattern Is This 1187

Started by vaturkey, July 14, 2011, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Good call on re-identifying the pattern.

Bold, bare limbs were added to the Bottomland pattern to make the Treestand camo. Leaves were then added to the Treestand camo to make the base pattern for both the Full Foliage and the Fall Foliage. The difference, as stated before, was simply the color of the leaves.

BTW, have you ever seen Mossy Oaks Upland camo pattern? It was the companion camo to Bottomland and had much more of a grey element to it, but still the same pattern.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

honker22

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on July 15, 2011, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: honker22 on July 15, 2011, 02:12:59 PM
Looks real similar to my turkey slayer.  I love this pattern.

I would love to find one just like that one!!

ga- I've always said that everything I have is always "for sale"... but I'm not sure anyone could offer me enough for this.  This thing has 15 years of stories to tell.  I have no idea how many turkeys I've killed but all of them have fallen to this old warrior.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: honker22 on July 18, 2011, 04:32:00 PM
Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on July 15, 2011, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: honker22 on July 15, 2011, 02:12:59 PM
Looks real similar to my turkey slayer.  I love this pattern.

I would love to find one just like that one!!

ga- I've always said that everything I have is always "for sale"... but I'm not sure anyone could offer me enough for this.  This thing has 15 years of stories to tell.  I have no idea how many turkeys I've killed but all of them have fallen to this old warrior.

Buddy I hear ya and thats probally the very reason ya dont see many of them up for sale. Sounds like a priceless gun you have there :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Preacher

Fullchoke , back about 20 or so years ago , I had a turkey hunting jacket in the Mossy oak Hill country,  It looked just like a pine tree,  had a slight off gray tent.   Bob Dixion was working for mossy oak in westpoint,  he walked though the "seconds shop"   where the regects where sold at cheaper prices  , we got to talking , he suggested the jacket ,  man I loved that thing,  .   I got to fat for it and gave to a young guy who still wears it today.
Romans 8:37

FullChoke

Quote from: Preacher on July 19, 2011, 10:17:00 PM
Fullchoke , back about 20 or so years ago , I had a turkey hunting jacket in the Mossy oak Hill country,  It looked just like a pine tree,  had a slight off gray tent.   Bob Dixion was working for mossy oak in westpoint,  he walked though the "seconds shop"   where the regects where sold at cheaper prices  , we got to talking , he suggested the jacket ,  man I loved that thing,  .   I got to fat for it and gave to a young guy who still wears it today.
You're right, Hill Country, was the correct name of it. I actually saw it in that same section of MO in West Point.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Fullfan

I have one of each.
I have had the MO BL 11-87 for 20 some years, and like others have said " if she only could talk...
Don't gobble at me...

Preacher

Fullfan, those are 2 fine weapons,   I would be willing to bet money would not touch them.
Romans 8:37

kdog

Fullfan

Quote from: Preacher on July 20, 2011, 03:20:03 PM
Fullfan, those are 2 fine weapons,   I would be willing to bet money would not touch them.

Sir you have that right.....
Don't gobble at me...

surehuntsalot

some fine looking turkey weapons on here

don't have any of the "old school" Mossy Oak camo guns, but do have an "old school" Realtree camoed 835

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Rhino0018

Quote from: kdog on July 15, 2011, 03:35:23 PM
I recently bought a 11-87 with the old Jim Crumley TreBark camo on it and i couldnt find a dipper that had the camo.I then called jim Crumleys camo dipping company and they said its no longer in existance.On my gun they actually shrunk the pattern when they made the camo dipping material,,,,in this case i believe the pattern was enlarged because that certainly looks like greenleaf to me,,,,Back in the day i also had Bottomland,and full fullage outfits.The fall fullage was the same as full fullage just with the leaves brown not green.

You can see how the pattern was shrunk on my 11-87,,,,on camo it was a much larger pattern
Kdog, I have the same gun and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get rid of it here in MN.....Mine has a Truglo red/green dot on it with a Kicks GT choke in her. Its in mint condition, maybe 10 rounds through it, and nobody will take it in on a trade.

TANK

I have a vintage Rem 870 in "Original Bottomland" with rifle sights I will sell for $475 if anyone is interested. That's what I paid for it....12 ga with a 21 in barrel & Monte Carlo stock.

turkey buster

Where can you get a scope base like that

RemingtonRules

Holy tales from the crypt.  This thread got resurrected.

turkey buster

Sorry. Lol!  I want a mount for my gun that matches