turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Camo Pattern Is This 1187

Started by vaturkey, July 14, 2011, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdog

I recently bought a 11-87 with the old Jim Crumley TreBark camo on it and i couldnt find a dipper that had the camo.I then called jim Crumleys camo dipping company and they said its no longer in existance.On my gun they actually shrunk the pattern when they made the camo dipping material,,,,in this case i believe the pattern was enlarged because that certainly looks like greenleaf to me,,,,Back in the day i also had Bottomland,and full fullage outfits.The fall fullage was the same as full fullage just with the leaves brown not green.

You can see how the pattern was shrunk on my 11-87,,,,on camo it was a much larger pattern

rempumpman

OK fellows, sombody is goin' to have to sell me one of these guns; which one of ya'll wants to sell?...................... :fud:...................rem

Let me know.......please
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

kdog

Your name says your a pump man so my 11-87 wont work for you  :TooFunny:  sorry!!!

On a more serious note i absolutely luv these Remmys in these older camo patterns,,,theres just something very vintage ,nostalgic about them that just wreaks turkey hunting.I got lucky and found mine at a local Gander Mountain in the used gun section.I think there pretty hard to find,, most date back to the early to mid 90's and earlier.  If i fall across another you bet im going to jump on it.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: honker22 on July 15, 2011, 02:12:59 PM
Looks real similar to my turkey slayer.  I love this pattern.

I would love to find one just like that one!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gobbler74

:TooFunny:

Workin on another one of those "garage deals" I will let you know how goes
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

kdog

I'd luv to have ONE of those greenleaf Remmys but to have THREE just isn't fair!!!! Spread the wealth brother  :z-guntootsmiley: My TreeBark 11-87 needs a sidekick and I couldn't think of a better partner than one of those greenleaf Remmys  :happy0064:

Those look awesome guys,,thanks for sharing!

woodchip

WOW,  I love those old school patterns!!

rempumpman

gatrkyhntr70.......that aint right bro to come on here and make an ol' man start drulin' on his computer.... :OGturkeyhead:....lol; great looking remy's you got there....congrats;

It almost seems that Mossy Oak would bring that one back especially if the turkeys hunters unite and start demanding them to do so; what a great pattern; thanks to all who have posted pictures;

No telling how many chances I have passed up back in the 90's on buying that camo on guns and clothes.......... :angry9:; wish I had a closet full of NOTHING but camo on all of my hunting clothes and guns;

Oh well, you live and learn.......................rem

rempumpman

gobbler74.......................congrats on being one of the smart ones and hanging on to those remingtons in that camo.............................makes me sick to think that I owned the same pump back in the day and was dumb enough to sell it...........rem

natman

Quote from: ManshipPlantation on July 15, 2011, 01:09:40 PM
No thats Greenleaf on the gun, the leaves look bigger bc the stretch in the dipping process. Full foilage had huge white oak leaves and was a lighter shade of green.

Gun is Full Foliage:

Jacket is Green Leaf:

Quote from: ManshipPlantation on July 15, 2011, 01:09:40 PMThis is the closest thing you may find to match: HC 540
http://www.duckvilleimaging.com/film-gallery/22-hunting-camo-film-gallery

As for the Realtree Extra Brown, ask and you shall receive:
http://www.tarjac.com/PatternImages/Extra%20Grey%20II%20%20(Special%20Order).html

Close, but the pattern shown is Realtree Xtra Grey, not Realtree Xtra Brown. In Realtree's strange nomenclature, the pattern with brown leaves is "Grey" and the identical pattern with green leaves is "Brown".

Thanks nevertheless.

kdog

No Big limbs on the gun pattern and the fact that ive never seen or heard of a full fullage or fall fall fullage factory dipped Remington shotgun undoubtedly make it Greenleaf.Remington did do runs in the Jim Crumley trebark and Mossy oak bottomland and Greenleaf patterns.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: kdog on July 17, 2011, 10:20:29 AM
No Big limbs on the gun pattern and the fact that ive never seen or heard of a full fullage or fall fall fullage factory dipped Remington shotgun undoubtedly make it Greenleaf.Remington did do runs in the Jim Crumley trebark and Mossy oak bottomland and Greenleaf patterns.

X2, its greenleaf. i owned one of these guns back in the days. There werent any remingtons dipped in full foliage. Im not sure if there were any guns dipped in full foliage.
It was also an incredible pattern too.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

natman

Quote from: natman on July 17, 2011, 05:30:33 AM
Quote from: ManshipPlantation on July 15, 2011, 01:09:40 PM
No thats Greenleaf on the gun, the leaves look bigger bc the stretch in the dipping process. Full foilage had huge white oak leaves and was a lighter shade of green.

Ok, after careful examination I notice that despite the similarity in the leaves, the Full Foliage has a grey branch component that the gun doesn't and that if you enlarged the heck out of the Greenleaf it would in fact resemble the gun. So I'll make it unanimous: the gun is Greenleaf.