turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Camo Pattern Is This 1187

Started by vaturkey, July 14, 2011, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

I bought this Rem 1187 new in the early 80's. This was my main turkey gun until I bought my Benelli. Do any of you folks know what camo pattern this is ? I havent seen this pattern on any of the new Remingtons. Thanks

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

gatrkyhntr70

Mossy oak greenleaf!!! Love that stuff!!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

vaturkey

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on July 14, 2011, 03:36:09 PM
Mossy oak greenleaf!!! Love that stuff!!!

Thanks gatrkyhntr70

Does mossy oak still make this pattern ? I want to have the scope dipped to match .    :newmascot:                                                                       
Vaturkey

drenalinld

One of my favorites for Spring as well. I don't think they still make it, but I bet some custom dippers can produce it.

ManshipPlantation

It will be difficult to find a dealer that has that pattern for dipping!

There is some talk around Mossy Oak that they may bring back some of the vintage camo patterns in select clothing lines.  ie the "Vintage" MO Bottomland Camo they did a few years back.

IMO Mossy Oak's eariliest patterns were some of their most effective one. (Bottomland, Greenleaf, Fall and Full Foilage, etc.) Now days everything has to be HD and 3D, what happen to the sticks and dirt idea, that MO was founded on?

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: ManshipPlantation on July 14, 2011, 04:29:12 PM
It will be difficult to find a dealer that has that pattern for dipping!

There is some talk around Mossy Oak that they may bring back some of the vintage camo patterns in select clothing lines.  ie the "Vintage" MO Bottomland Camo they did a few years back.

IMO Mossy Oak's eariliest patterns were some of their most effective one. (Bottomland, Greenleaf, Fall and Full Foilage, etc.) Now days everything has to be HD and 3D, what happen to the sticks and dirt idea, that MO was founded on?

X2; it would probally be nearly impossible; If one of these dipping companies would do the old patterns I bet they would get a god bit of bussiness. I was told that tarjac is the one that did these original patterns. I cant swear to it though.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

drenalinld

You don't want that old out of date scatter gun with an obsolete pattern. Send it my way.

rempumpman

Mossyoak;

Can't find it anymore but I WILL GLADLY BUY THAT GUN FROM YOU RIGHT NOW....................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

kdog

Brings back vivid memories the first few years of Mossy Oaks existance,,,,,i believe i still have a light spring jacket that i bought way back then.

Yep still have the jacket and heres a better look at the pattern.

natman

That's a classic Mossy Oak all right, but I think this pattern was called "Full Foliage". Greenleaf had smaller leaves like the jacket shown.
http://www.mossyoak.com/content/PastAndPresent.aspx

Good luck finding a dipper with that pattern in stock, it's been out of fashion for roughly a quarter century. If you run across a dipper with Realtree Xtra Brown, drop me a PM.

Best of luck.

ManshipPlantation

No thats Greenleaf on the gun, the leaves look bigger bc the stretch in the dipping process. Full foilage had huge white oak leaves and was a lighter shade of green.

This is the closest thing you may find to match: HC 540
http://www.duckvilleimaging.com/film-gallery/22-hunting-camo-film-gallery

As for the Realtree Extra Brown, ask and you shall receive:
http://www.tarjac.com/PatternImages/Extra%20Grey%20II%20%20(Special%20Order).html

Grunt-N-Gobble

Weather its Greenleaf or Full Foliage, it really doesn't matter.  Both patterens are pretty close to each other.

I'll say this......... Back when it was popular, a hunting buddy of mine had the Full Foliage outfit and in early archery season, he would just disappear in the woods.  It didn't matter if he was on the ground or up in a tree.  Those large green leafs broke-up his outline so well, if I didn't keep my eye on him as he slowly walked through the woods, I'd loose track of where he was when he stopped moving.

Preacher

The old reeltree green leaf was good too.   I bought a pair of full-foliage mo pants ,  (fall) and a green leaf top , top shelf stuff for sure.

I was going to post an old picture,  but cant find one .
Romans 8:37

honker22

Looks real similar to my turkey slayer.  I love this pattern.

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions