only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 930

Started by rt2bowhunter, March 13, 2024, 11:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt2bowhunter

Interesting and i think i'm happy lol.

I'll just tell my story.

Yesterday i drove a little over a hour to pick up my 930 that i ordered online. When i get there and they open the box and hand me the Gun, my first thoughts yeah it needs shimmed but it feels nice i like it. But i noticed right off the bat  no rear sights, i was worried about taking the rear sight off. Some  said  just pop it off with a screwdriver one guy said he had to touch up the bluing. Then i noticed a pea sized place on the rib next to the receiver was missing the camo dip, then i noticed another place on the barrel that looked like the camo was about to come off. I pointed it out to the salesman he said well we will have to send it back. I spoke up and said do i have to take this gun he said no at least i don't think so. He called the manager, he came and said i don't blame you one bit. He ask do we have another one. They had one on the rack double checked yes its the same gun. We can just swap you for this gun that was $170 more mine was on sale for $600. They let me have the good gun for the same price.

This new gun looked like a different gun to me. Camo was so much better it just looked way better all over. But i noticed no rear sights again. Then i noticed the barrel was not ported. Here again i read the barrel porting wasn't such a good thing. But still the gun i ordered in the add had rear sights and was ported.

Standing there with everyone looking at me lol. I'm thinking do i care, well i guess i didn't because i said let's do it.

Now i wonder if i got a 940 barrel or if Mossberg stopped adding rear sights and porting. I noticed adds for the 940 didn't mention either and photos didn't show rear sights.

I like it and i'm waiting for my Sumtoy red dot mount so i can shoot it.

Seems like its always something now days.