OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 - 21" vs 26" barrel

Started by twyatt, March 12, 2024, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twyatt

Might pick up one for a backup turkey gun.  Any reason to go with the 21" or 26"?  I've always had
24-26" barrel guns, namely because I could use them as a multi-purpose gun, but this will be strictly a turkey gun.  Leaning towards 26", but not for any real reason.  Thoughts?

runngun

I have both 21 and 26, strictly turkey gun I would have to go with the 21. I absolutely love mine.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ranman

Quote from: runngun on March 12, 2024, 08:21:42 PM
I have both 21 and 26, strictly turkey gun I would have to go with the 21. I absolutely love mine.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Same

SwampRooster17

I would also go with the 21" barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

My 21 shoots lights out. It's the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briton

21 in. Easier to carry while slinged , easier to maneuver, lighter. Patterns just as good as longer barrel

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Gman

Shorter bbls are all the rage today & they do have the advantage of the lighter weight and better maneuverability. But I wouldn't feel handicapped with a 26" bbl at all.

RLAG

I carried 21 last year. Great pattern and misses limbs over your head when walking through the woods

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

twyatt

Thanks guys, but it's a moot point now.  I bought the 21".   Then had nothing but problems with it so I returned it for a refund. 

greentrout

Quote from: twyatt on March 16, 2024, 05:26:25 PM
Thanks guys, but it's a moot point now.  I bought the 21".   Then had nothing but problems with it so I returned it for a refund.

You are the only person I know of to have problems with an 870. And this wasn't the first one!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: twyatt on March 16, 2024, 05:26:25 PM

What kind of problems? if ya don't mind me asking..

Back a few years ago before they stopped production. I could remember the youth 20 was the rage. The produced excellent patterns. 

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."