OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which scope between these 4

Started by Charlesg, March 12, 2024, 11:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlesg

Hesitating between a few optics for a dedicated turkey/deer gun.
I don't have a pump shotgun yet (semis, single and o/u only for now) and was thinking about a 12ga Winchester SXP Turkey or Mossberg 535 with a second rifled barrel for deer.

I'm hesitating between the following scopes as I've never bought a red dot scope before. I'm a buy once cry once type of guy. If money was no object, which one would you go with?

- Burris Fastfire 4
- Vortex Venom
- Trijicon RMR
- Holosun 507c/509t

Cheers

randywallace

Nothing wrong with the FF4 or Vortex, but if money isn't an issue, Trijicon all the way. 

g8rvet

I chose Holosun because a friend I trust sells them and will take care of any issues for me.  But honestly, if he had sold one of the others I may have still chose the Holosun.  I chose the Holosun 509 because it is enclosed, has solar and has shake awake. Also has green and a 2MOA dot or 2 MOA dot plus reticle.  If I do not like it on my shotgun, pistol is always an option.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tom007

I love the Fastfire 4. Larger screen, circle option, it's a real nice Red Dot.....got my vote....
"Solo hunter"

SumToy

All of them are great sights.   The 407C or 507C easy to find mounts for dont know about the 509

Now I like the Burris best out of all them but I sale them also.  :z-flirtysmile3:   

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Uncle Tom

I have the Fastfire III and like it....been running it 4 years now no problems. William has the Sumtoy mount for it. The Fastfire 4 have not seen it but anything Burris sells is good.

g8rvet

Quote from: SumToy on March 12, 2024, 08:10:48 PM
All of them are great sights.   The 407C or 507C easy to find mounts for dont know about the 509

Now I like the Burris best out of all them but I sale them also.  :z-flirtysmile3:   

Comes with RMR adapter
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

BuffetSlayer

All of these are great choices. They all can take the punishment of a shotgun but for hunting I think the best option would be the holosun 509t. It has a fully enclosed emiter that protects it from mud/dirt or whatever.