OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pushpin transport

Started by Upfold99, March 11, 2024, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upfold99

How do you haul your pushpin in your vest? I know there are a few holsters made, but trying to eliminate additional items. Not sure I have an available pocket or pouch that will house my pishpin.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

capecodmike

I have a vest that has an inside pocket. That could double as a box call pocket.

So I put my Jonathan Payne push pin in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cwhitfield96

I have been thinking about transport as well. I have a couple push pins on the way. Going to make something for them. One idea I have is an ammo case dremmeled out to fit it. Another would be to make something out of the pvc that I can keep in the bag pack part of my vest if needed without worrying of breaking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama556

Love to hear some ideas.

Tyoung

Chums The Vault works surprisingly well.......

cwhitfield96

I know they are all different sizes but can someone give the actual dimensions of a push pin they have?

brennan

Last year I put mine in a crown royal bag and kept it in the kangaroo pouch on my jacket. Zip lock bag will keep it dry

brennan

Quote from: cwhitfield96 on March 11, 2024, 01:21:17 PM
I have been thinking about transport as well. I have a couple push pins on the way. Going to make something for them. One idea I have is an ammo case dremmeled out to fit it. Another would be to make something out of the pvc that I can keep in the bag pack part of my vest if needed without worrying of breaking it.

What push pins are you getting?

Tom007

Shannon's push pins are probably the longest ones on the market. His longer pins give his calls the versatility and sounds others do not. When I don't use a vest (late season), I use a Yoder 2 Push-pin holder. Yoder designed these to fit Old Gobblers PP's. When I use my Sitka Vest, or others, I put one PP in the box call pocket. The Sitka has the longest, best padded Box call pocket I've seen, the Old Gobbler PP fits perfectly in this pocket. I carry a second one in this Custom sock I made from a gun sock. I cut it to fit the pushpin, had the edge sewn, and added the Old Gobbler patch. I put this in the chest pocket of my North Mountain pullover. Works perfectly......be safe
"Solo hunter"

Alabama556

Yoders leather push pin cases are awesome and Shannon's push pins fit perfectly but they are big. They have to be in order to accommodate the push pin as Tom007 mentioned.

It would take a hard lick for a call to get messed up while in Yoder's holster unless you just sat on it.

Tom007

Quote from: Alabama556 on March 11, 2024, 06:28:16 PM
Yoders leather push pin cases are awesome and Shannon's push pins fit perfectly but they are big. They haven't be in order to accommodate the push pin as Tom007 mentioned.

It would take a hard lick for a call to get messed up while in Yoder's holster unless you just sat on it.

Amen my friend. That gun sock does provide very good protection in a chest pocket, or large vest pocket. Believe it or not, the Old Gobbler patch also acts as protection, it is rigid and prevents pressure on the pins....
"Solo hunter"

Alabama556

I will have to make a gun sock holder

Tom007

Yoders holster can easily be converted to a bino harness and wear it on your chest if you don't like it over your shoulder. Just another option......
"Solo hunter"

Alabama556

Did not think about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bwhana

I have one of Yoder's and it is great when I'm taking the push pin and a trumpet only without a vest.

There are times where I want it in a vest or tool belt style and I took one of Glenda Greene's pot call cases and made a hole in the bottom for the peg to stick through and it protects the main box well for that use.

Edited... spell check put three instead of the.  Only have one, but those new ones make me want another one!