turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire III Red Dot fail

Started by Uncle Tom, March 06, 2024, 03:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tom

I have a Burris Fastfire III Red Dot sight and the cap screw for the battery compartment has failed. The screw driver slot has expanded so I cannot tighten the cap. Have read that you need to use a Durcell battery (which I will be buying) as it is not as thick and makes tightening much easier. Anyone has this problem before? Can you purchase a new cap screw? Have emailed Burris but have not heard back. Will they replace the cap screw? Need some help.

runngun

Yes, I have been this seen this several times. You can try the Duracell, and it should work. You should probably go ahead and call them and get them to send you the cap. Also, to install it with a large screwdriver that will fit. You can feel it catch. It can be frustrating for sure.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Hill

They should get you an extra cap. I always turn counter clockwise for 1/2 or 3/4 turn then go clockwise to tighten it in just to help reduce the chance of stripping out the threads. I also use a large screwdriver.

Uncle Tom

Burris is sending me a new cap for my Fastfire III red dot. I have purchased a Duracell battery so should be good to go now. Thanks guys for your help.

mudhen

I use a dab of choke tube grease on the cap...and yep, use Duracell and a wide screwdriver...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Uncle Tom

Mudhen, that grease great idea...keep threads from cross threading and make for easier on/off. I have been using a too small screwdriver is my problem, that and taking the battery out at end of turkey season. Will leave battery in now no reason to take it out. Bought the sight in Feb of 2021 and the same battery, but not a Duracell.