News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

“Old Gobbler Early Days”

Started by Tom007, March 05, 2024, 07:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: WAGinVA on March 06, 2024, 04:08:09 PM
I also have one of the hunter friendly calls.  If you have one I would recommend this Chums Vault as a call case:  https://chums.com/products/vault-ltd?Variant=39407673639109&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAxaCvBhBaEiwAvsLmWKlt6Mp5XWfaiHypcE-3mQiT-O_a7gvJBbywp-a5K_EgMPx7DJGW-RoCingQAvD_BwE

Quote from: Tyoung on March 06, 2024, 03:01:17 PM
Thanks for sharing with the included history of the calls....

Thanks you, nice case for sure. Here is a 2 Push-pin Call holster from a fellow forum member Yoder409. This was built to hold 2 of the Old Gobbler Push-pins. It is built like iron, and well padded. Don makes all kinds of holsters for most calls. Great guy to deal with too. A great option for hunting these calls. Thanks for sharing...
"Solo hunter"

WAGinVA

Yoder's call holsters are very nice.  I have one of his single push pin holsters and a short box holster.  I bought both for my hunter friendly call and the smaller size of the call I have just fits better in the more compact Chums vault, I am sure the "normal" sized OG call will not fit in the vault.

Tom007

Quote from: WAGinVA on March 06, 2024, 05:56:25 PM
Yoder's call holsters are very nice.  I have one of his single push pin holsters and a short box holster.  I bought both for my hunter friendly call and the smaller size of the call I have just fits better in the more compact Chums vault, I am sure the "normal" sized OG call will not fit in the vault.

Thanks for sharing.......
"Solo hunter"

Manager8

King Cobra

Hey Tom,
Just noticed your post, those are two beautiful calls. If they sound half as good as they look you should be looking forward to many more successful hunts. In my opinion the quality of pushpin calls available is becoming a game changer for many hunters. Take care Buddy.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Tom007

Quote from: Manager8 on March 06, 2024, 06:49:49 PM
Very nice thanks for sharing

Quote from: King Cobra on March 07, 2024, 08:07:41 AM
Hey Tom,
Just noticed your post, those are two beautiful calls. If they sound half as good as they look you should be looking forward to many more successful hunts. In my opinion the quality of pushpin calls available is becoming a game changer for many hunters. Take care Buddy.

Appreciate it, I hope you both get a chance to land one. Stay the course, you will...

Really appreciate it
"Solo hunter"

callmakerman

Here's one that you'll not see made ever again. Macasser ebony with elephant ivory inlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Quote from: callmakerman on March 08, 2024, 10:18:04 AM
Here's one that you'll not see made ever again. Macasser ebony with elephant ivory inlay.

That's as special as it gets Bill.
Jim

Tom007

That is a treasure for sure!!
"Solo hunter"

Lcmacd 58

OG's pushpins are the next level .... I've been trying to get 1 for some time and have spent several hours looking at his calls and I can tell you his calls exceed them all

GobbleGitr

Great post capturing some good info from a collector's POV...always looking for one of Shannon's!

Old Gobbler

You can thank the Obama administration for the stopping of me making the elephant ivory inlays ..

I've made a few Mammoth IMO , I think the Mammoth is way nicer ...it takes some time to do a inlay so those I only make a few ...if that
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Manager8

Thanks for sharing what an awesome pair of push pins

Hawkspur

That is awesome. Very cool call.

Hawkspur

Thanks for sharing. I like seeing the progress of a call. I'm sure they have some great stories.