OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good push pin options?

Started by Tclipse01, March 03, 2024, 09:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tclipse01

Looking to get my hands on a good push pin. Any recommendations on a good call maker that is reasonably accessible time-wise?

Keeping my eyes on the Shannon Kelly threads of course but assuming I'll be slow on the draw... you all are quick  :z-guntootsmiley: Looking for alternatives in the meantime.

spurs2bgobblin

Tim Bullock & Loftis are ones you won't be upset with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

cwhitfield96

Spurs2 any idea on wait times for those 2 makers?

spurs2bgobblin

Loftis should be pretty short, Tim is usually somewhere around 3-4 months unless he has one on hand. I'll send you a PM.

"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Greg Massey

Winky Hicks, you get 2 calls in one... You get a push pin along with a slate playing surface and it will come with a cedar corncob striker.. The push pin will be made out of an old 100 plus year old cedar post ...

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 05, 2024, 09:13:01 AM
Winky Hicks, you get 2 calls in one... You get a push pin along with a slate playing surface and it will come with a cedar corncob striker.. The push pin will be made out of an old 100 plus year old cedar post ...

X2, great call for sure
"Solo hunter"

spurs2bgobblin

Quote from: Tom007 on March 05, 2024, 09:28:05 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 05, 2024, 09:13:01 AM

X2, great call for sure
X3 forgot about Winky's call. It's an easy player too with great purrs and clucks.

btodd00

I have been on list for a bullock for right at a year. I tried to get one of calls he had in the nwtf auction but was beat out, that spalted/two tone call that won 2nd place was a Purdy one

I was on Lapps list for about 10 months before my name came up

If I wanted one within a couple weeks I would probably go winky hicks

spurs2bgobblin

I got this one from him at Unicoi that was very similar to the sappy rosewood from NWTF. I know the guy who got the NWTF one and it's a killer as well!

btodd00

Quote from: spurs2bgobblin on March 05, 2024, 10:32:50 AM
I got this one from him at Unicoi that was very similar to the sappy rosewood from NWTF. I know the guy who got the NWTF one and it's a killer as well!

Sure hope to end up with one that nice, that's a looker

gamercer

Another vote for Bullock or Lapp, can't go wrong with either.

Lcmacd 58

I have a push pin  from all the above mentioned except Shannon.....and you won't be disappointed with any ..... Loftis would prolly be the quickest  but I would reach out to each and every one of them .... you might get lucky

Tclipse01

Thanks all. I ended up reaching out to Tim B. and got a nice call in bolivian rosewood/teak burl. Looks and sounds great!

btodd00

Quote from: Tclipse01 on April 07, 2024, 10:55:18 PM
Thanks all. I ended up reaching out to Tim B. and got a nice call in bolivian rosewood/teak burl. Looks and sounds great!

lets see a picture of it!

Tclipse01

Assuming Tim doesn't mind me using his pic - here it is!

I should have added before, Tim was great during the process. Very communicative and shipped when he said he would. Very happy with the call.