OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would you shoot if you didn't call him in?

Started by mcw3734, March 03, 2024, 10:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High plains drifter

If you don't kill a bird with honor, you are a chump.

Prospector

Quote from: High plains drifter on April 11, 2024, 11:15:11 PM
Don't want to take unwarranted issue with this blanket statement other than to echo ( kinda) what somebody already said. I'll happily take a Longbeard that has been put on the same path as me whether thru calling or woodsmanship/stealth. I will also say it is imo more "honorable" than hunting in,around, or with a bunch of the "tech" considered legal these days....
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

Zobo

Quote from: High plains drifter link=topic=116873.msg1186062#msg1186062 date=  1712891711

I find myself :angel9: quoting High Plain Drifter a lot lately for some reason, but yes to "Kill with Honor" is the goal. That way you don't have to lie too much when telling everyone the story of your hunt. :camohat:

I think it was Sophocles that once said "when turkey hunting, what is honorable to some is not honorable to all."  So, here in lies the gravamen of this dispute. So eloquently put to light by the great HPD, a man who clearly hunts on a very high plain.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

crucible02

If I'm hunting and cross paths with a bird, absolutely. If he walks into my backyard or I'm out but not specifically hunting, then no.
Jesus is the answer!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase