turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody pot call differences?

Started by Jakeman, March 02, 2024, 10:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakeman

Question for all you Cody fanatics, what is the difference in the Cody glass from the basic to the most desirable and also the Cody slate from the basic pot they off to the most desirable

3bailey3

I don't know what it is but those older one's are Awesome...

doublespurs21

one just sold on ebay for $850 ..........that's crazy

Jakeman

Like what's the world class, spec 1, legend etc

Tom007

Quote from: Jakeman on March 03, 2024, 11:02:18 AM

World Class was the first "High End" Cody Call, came out in early 90's I believe. They cost around 75 bucks. Then in 1994, The Spec 1 Slate was introduced, these were numbered and signed in gold leaf. Some of the early World Class slates had a sound chamber that became loose. It was a glue problem. I had this happen to me, Cody fixed them at no charge. The Spec 1 design was a bit different in the sound chamber correcting this problem. Both the World Class and Spec 1's are killer calls. Then Cody introduced the Spec 1 legend line, I believe this is the last line of Spec 1's. These calls all have a great sound, and have killed a lot of turkeys around the country for sure. You won't be sorry if you can get your hands on one.....Early Spec 1 on left, World Class right....
"Solo hunter"

Jakeman

Quote from: Tom007 on March 03, 2024, 11:56:15 AM

World Class was the first "High End" Cody Call, came out in early 90's I believe. They cost around 75 bucks. Then in 1994, The Spec 1 Slate was introduced, these were numbered and signed in gold leaf. Some of the early World Class slates had a sound chamber that became loose. It was a glue problem. I had this happen to me, Cody fixed them at no charge. The Spec 1 design was a bit different in the sound chamber correcting this problem. Both the World Class and Spec 1's are killer calls. Then Cody introduced the Spec 1 legend line, I believe this is the last line of Spec 1's. These calls all have a great sound, and have killed a lot of turkeys around the country for sure. You won't be sorry if you can get your hands on one.....Early Spec 1 on left, World Class right....
Thanks man. I appreciate you explaining that for me.

Tom007

Quote from: Jakeman on March 03, 2024, 12:37:49 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 03, 2024, 11:56:15 AM

Thanks man. I appreciate you explaining that for me.

You bet, glad I could help....
"Solo hunter"

PALongspur

The World Class calls have glass soundboards, the Spec 1 has a wood soundboard. The Cody 2 is the production pot version of the WC, the Envy is based off of the Spec.

Tom007

Quote from: PALongspur on March 03, 2024, 01:58:26 PM
The World Class calls have glass soundboards, the Spec 1 has a wood soundboard. The Cody 2 is the production pot version of the WC, the Envy is based off of the Spec.

Good info my friend, thank you....
"Solo hunter"

Jakeman

Is y'all's opinion, which is the better call. The world class or spec 1 or spec 1 legend