turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Headed to Tennessee

Started by culpeper, July 12, 2011, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

Up to this point I had only built one call with Douglas Fir, but I have reached a conclusion that about darn near everyone will turn out great sound.  As many of you may know the grain is almost always super straight and tight--a perfect combo for box calls.  This one I matched up with a nice cherry lid and base and added some purpleheart spacers for a sharp accent and doug fir inlays in the lid.  The old hen carries a clear and sweeter, but distinct 3 tone yelp and the young hen rail produces a more traditional and raspier yelp.  One thing I discovered with this call is its ability to purr real easy and churp out some of the nicest tree and feeding sounds ever--the friction of the doug fir seems to help this very well.  This is not a call for a windy day, but I suspect it will break the hearts of some gobblers once the hunter has located them.  Thanks for looking everyone.

kenturkey89

Beautiful box and artwork as usual  :icon_thumright:
Brian

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

kdog

Wow,,,that box call looks beautiful.Very nice work indeed!

swampgobbler

Glad to see the fir worked out.  I've got 20 feet of it lying around in the shop. 

drenalinld

You sure build a beautiful call!!! Great job!

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

Basser69

:icon_thumright: That is one sharp look call!  :icon_thumright:

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

turkey slayer