OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turpin Box Calls

Started by Ranger, March 01, 2024, 07:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

What kind of value would you guys put on some of the early Turpin boxes with exotic woods for lids?  Teak and Walnut combos and other combinations of domestic and import woods?  Haven't seen many and dont know what some would be worth, thanks, JR 
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

outdoornut

Who made them?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Original, non-handled Tom Turpins ??

I'd say START around $3500 and go from there.

Obviously..........there are many contributing factors.  Condition would be numero uno.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Ranger

Yessir I was talking about original Tom Turpin boxes with the smooth sides and no handle.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

outdoornut

If they are all original definitely high value. Not Inman or Hunter, but Tom Turpin?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: Ranger on March 01, 2024, 07:50:40 PM
Yessir I was talking about original Tom Turpin boxes with the smooth sides and no handle.

Yeah.........   If you have one (or some), you are very fortunate.

If you're looking to buy.......be prepared to dig deep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Ranger

Did Tom Turpin put initials in the calls of men that he made them for or do you think they put them in there themselves?  I only ask because its the second time I've seen initials and of two different names