turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth calls

Started by robertsj2221, March 01, 2024, 04:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Cloud

Buy from a good maker ,that supports this website ,I believe there's some ,that know their business,that's been here awhile

ScottTaulbee

Just started on Denny Gulvas calls this year, they're a completely different animal to use but boy when you get it, they're the most realistic best sounding mouth calls you can get at half the price of others. But after using regular "cut" calls and running them the traditional way for the past 22 years, it's a HUGE learning curve to basically forget everything you know and start over. But in my opinion it's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bornagain64

Have you used mouth calls before and just wanting to get some new calls or are you buying some to learn on?
There are some that are easier to blow than others.
Some things to consider- less reeds are usually easier to blow.
Some find a smaller call works better for them.
Also how you blow a call- direction the air comes out, can help determine which cuts will be easier/ sound better for you. Not trying to overwhelm you, there are a lot of variables when picking out a mouth call size of call, # of reeds, tape combos, thickness, stretch, cut...
Maybe try and call or email a maker you are thinking of going with and get there suggestions for you.

I have used Hooks  mouth calls for years- and love them- especially the executioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk