OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth calls

Started by robertsj2221, March 01, 2024, 04:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertsj2221

Tell me the brand that you like the best? I need to order some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoornut

Sadler Mcgraw

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

gatortrax

I've been using a couple different batwing style calls from Houndstooth game calls the last 5 years or so and really like them.

Will

Mountain Hollow Game Calls. Drama Queen prophylactic

Tomtom97

Sadler McGraw ghost and combo cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianb3006

Sadler McGraw. Try the judge and Jury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

outdoornut

Quote from: Brianb3006 on March 01, 2024, 09:51:05 PM
Sadler McGraw. Try the judge and Jury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What he said!!!

runngun

Hey if I was you I think that I would order a handful from Sadler McGraw! Batwing and his ghost cut, I believe that they are pretty dadgum good!!
Also Gooserbat (Sam) makes a great ghost cut and Batwing as well. 

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

outdoornut

I like the thick tape Judge and Jury

Smitty3806

Try Smith Custom Turkey and Predator Calls.
Smithcustomturkeycalls.com

Lcmacd 58

bbcoach

Sadler McGraw makes custom calls in 6 different stretches.

Kluk Custom Calls is my go to.  Try the Crying Karen in low stretch.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 07, 2024, 12:39:53 AM
I know a guy

I know that guy, too  ^^ ...and he is a great contributor to this forum.  His screen name might give his company name away.  ...Support the people that support us here! 

Here's another hint:  It is not the call maker, it is the call...and the caller!  Every single one of us makes calls that are made of the same materials.  Furthermore, every single one of us has different abilities to make turkey sounds due to our own unique calling mechanics.  you can get a hundred different answers here as to which calls to try and NONE of them may work for you.  You must first understand the different factors that make different calls better for some folks than others.  Those are 1) your own calling abilities, and 2) the combinations of reed materials, thicknesses, stretch, cuts, and spacing which all contribute to whether any individual call will work for you.

...And the final (and extremely important) factor is knowing how to "tune" your mouth calls with modifications to the reed cuts and layers to achieve the sounds you are looking for.  Unfortunately, all of this usually takes TIME AND PRACTICE...as well as possibly raiding the old piggy bank a few times...   ;D :icon_thumright:

Bowguy

I just went through this and tried a few recommended calls. I couldn't mouth call for a few years due to a medical issue. Without question Black Label are the ones to get imo. If you go to the site he's got videos so you can hear them but be advised, he's a good caller so you'd prob not get what he does from the calls. That being said try em you'll be surprised.