OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite pot call in your arsenal

Started by Jakeman, February 29, 2024, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Tom007 on March 26, 2024, 06:57:07 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on March 26, 2024, 06:00:53 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 26, 2024, 05:42:05 PM
I do have an array of Custom pots... but my favorite is a 6 dollar Knight & Hale glass hammer from a clearance bin.

Same experience...picked up a small, lightweight aluminum call in a black plastic pot by Quaker Boy that was sitting in the $5 clearance bin. Sounds amazing.

I'm sure a few (or many) gobblers fell to that call........

Yep, This is the exact reason why... They all sound great but for some reason, on many occasions, that pitch and deflection gets em cranked on that cheap pot.

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

wchadw

joshua

Wendell Rye, Lights out game calls, anodized aluminum. Has been the death of more than a few over the last decade or so.

As far as straight off the shelf, I've got a primos power crystal that will match any custom that I've ever heard. Crazy how good it sounds in the right hands.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Sim1982

Buster Halford tulipwood pot crystal over red slate

Flagobbler

Boyd Smith (Kentucky Klucker).....zebrawood pot with straight slick aluminum.  Does everything but gobble. 

King Cobra

Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

cgarner1

Paul hicks glass over slate in a walnut pot is mine

Tom007

Quote from: cgarner1 on April 03, 2024, 09:25:24 AM

Agreed here, Paul's calls are very underrated for sure.
"Solo hunter"

cgarner1

Quote from: Tom007 on April 03, 2024, 09:36:58 AM
Quote from: cgarner1 on April 03, 2024, 09:25:24 AM

Agreed here, Paul's calls are very underrated for sure.

Yeah for sure. I've got several of his in multiple surfaces and they all are full of Turkey. Always had good prices as well

goblr77

Stumpy's ceramic with a JLH black and white ebony striker is my go to. It never leaves my vest.

Pocono_Mtn_Yelper

Love my Halloran Double Glass II... Just a really versatile and great sounding all around call. I wouldn't leave the house without it.

BTH

A very old twisted sister. Beat up, wood is scratched and dented all over. The top surface is almost conditioned  entirely. Has the burn stamp on the back. Still sounds incredible. Favorite strikers for it have been a 2 pc dymondwood, ipe and/or a macassar ebony.   

I do love my gray slate almost as much with a hickory striker.
Phil 4:13