turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do people respond so quickly

Started by Alabama556, February 25, 2024, 11:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

A good connection is normally a big help, same as on eBay. I highly doubt it is a program, there are to many things that would have to be done, push button to bring up thread, hit reply button in thread, write reply, hit reply button to send the reply. Most programs aren't that good and anybody that is going to get one is not going to waste it here, they are going to go for high end stuff because a program like that would not be cheap if it is purchased.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bedge7767

I can give the secret for a Buice trumpet.
Jim

MossyOak92

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 26, 2024, 07:57:38 PM
I can give the secret for a Buice trumpet.
Steal of a deal. Id give it up for a Prudhomme or Dangerfield.

Meleagris gallopavo

I happened to pick up my phone after finishing supper and was looking through stuff and I got a notification from Tapatalk.  I clicked on the notification, went right to the thread, typed a word in (I know, takes time) and hit reply.  I was 4th but still got the call because of my post count.  Never in a million years would I think that'd happen to me again.  If it wasn't for my post count (basically me running my mouth on here for a few years) I'd have never won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

caneman

cwhitfield96

Meleagris congrats on the awesome call! I was one who beat you to it but didn't have the post count as I am pretty new to the site but working on it. As others mentioned tap talk, notify, and good internet. Hoping to get my hands on one someday but who knows.

ruination

Plenty of people using the site.

I won a contest in the past and it was pure coincidence.

And I think I was within 10 seconds.

Wish I could afford one of those beautiful push pins though.  Never would be able to hunt it, too pretty.

But yea.  Lots of users.  It will take more than a notification and because the names of the thread looks random I doubt it's a bot.
.410 Favors the Bold

ruination

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 26, 2024, 04:45:44 PM
A good connection is normally a big help, same as on eBay. I highly doubt it is a program, there are to many things that would have to be done, push button to bring up thread, hit reply button in thread, write reply, hit reply button to send the reply. Most programs aren't that good and anybody that is going to get one is not going to waste it here, they are going to go for high end stuff because a program like that would not be cheap if it is purchased.

That program wouldn't be that hard.  The hard part would be scraping properly.  Also could be done with a little pattern recognition though.  User:  Old Gobbler:New Thread:Picture - post Nice.

I'm sure the dude plays with plenty of bots, other forums have them.
.410 Favors the Bold

Old Gobbler

They are using the notify me button and watching the "who's online " and seeing I'm making a post and wait for the millisecond it goes up

There will be more of the post count restrictions to help the long standing Members here get one

I'm not happy about the situation with the shortage of calls I can make , this is the best alternative I can come up with , it makes it very difficult for flippers th get them , and it helps guys who want calls get one quicker that a 7 to 10 year wait ..

The people of Oldgobbler get priority,  they have always been good to me , so I make it a effort to be good to them....people contact me all the time on social media and or somehow get my cell. And some get real...real pissed when I redirect them right back to the site , many just won't take "no" for an answer ...

I'll be making some this and next weekend ...and taking a few weeks off to hunt after that I'll make some more up into May ....and it starts to get real hot down here ..and yes I need to rest too so that will be all till next season

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Alabama556

Thanks everyone. Have a good spring season

Osceola352

The question we all want answered lol

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Osceola352

Quote from: Alabama556 on February 26, 2024, 10:30:03 AM
My internet must be slow as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk