OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New to a Trumpet ,, HELP

Started by 28 gauge Hunter, February 25, 2024, 01:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman

Greg Gwaltney make a easy playing trumpet. Reasonable price and not a long wait.

EZ

Lots of good choices for someone wanting to dip their toe into yelpers.
Ralph Permar's Improved Jordan is tough to beat for price/playability.

https://permarturkeycalls.com/jordan-yelper-55/

greentrout

If you don't want to wait, then I would also give a recommendation for Brian Mero. Both of these calls draw very easy and it's unreal how fast his turnaround is. EZ's recommendation of a Permar improved Jordan is another excellent recommendation. I carry one with me in my bag no matter what other trumpet I carry.

The Greg Gwaltney recommendation is definitely one you should consider. His wait list is not long in comparison to some other guys. He's great to work with and builds my current favorite trumpet. If you don't mind a short wait, you'll get a quality instrument that would be the only one you would need. He just one first in the Amateur division at NWTF as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

28 gauge Hunter

I have tried contacting Brian Mero waiting to hear back .

EZ

One thing to keep in mind is THIS is the time that call makers get hammered with calls. Sometimes it's hard for them to keep up.

hpo

If you'd like to practice while waiting-work on a coffee stirrer (single hole). If you can get sounds outta that, transfer the skills developed trumps/WB.

My two cents.
Shoot'em in the Face!

Tom007

Quote from: 28 gauge Hunter on February 25, 2024, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: LabsRUsII on February 25, 2024, 01:06:01 PM
Some I've made in past
30 different species of wood

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM

You got a lot of great advice here. Pick through and choose what's best for you. I'm not a "Trumpeteer" by no means, but I do have some and hunt them. Once you learn how to use them, they all will work for you. Best of luck, enjoy...
"Solo hunter"

28 gauge Hunter

Thank all y'all for help,, going Thursday and look at one of Andy Terrell's

USMC0331

Quote from: 28 gauge Hunter on February 25, 2024, 09:34:15 PM
Thanks I been seeing a few of Andy's at a local feed store , may have to check them out .
Grab 1 !

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

shatcher

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 26, 2024, 08:25:41 PM
Quote from: 28 gauge Hunter on February 25, 2024, 09:34:15 PM
Thanks I been seeing a few of Andy's at a local feed store , may have to check them out .
Grab 1 !

Where is that feed store?

28 gauge Hunter

It's in Brookhaven Ms ,, Co Lin feed and seed is name of them.