turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New to a Trumpet ,, HELP

Started by 28 gauge Hunter, February 25, 2024, 01:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

28 gauge Hunter

I am wanting to get a Nice easy to use Trumpet. I have never messed with them before , but I'd love to learn . Can someone give me an idea of a nice one that's easier to use then some ?? I have been a big turkey hunter for 30+ years and have killed some nice ones , this will be my first year to hunt in last 2 years , I was in a bad motorcycle accident in 2022 and wasn't suppose to make it , but with a lot of prayers and doctors and 5 months in hospital I pulled through. So I can't hunt like I use too and chase after them, I am stuck having to sit in one spot a long time and try and call them to me . And I decided to try and learn a new call . Thanks Billy

Terry

Contact Brian Mero here or on Facebook. His are as easy to play as any and not nearly as much $$ as most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LabsRUsII

Some I've made in past
30 different species of wood

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

Ctate94

Brian Mero or Kevin Dorsey. Both make good sounding calls for a great price.

Greg Massey

For your first one contact: Gene Shoemaker - DES Trumpets is on the forum and can have you one in a few days ... Very reasonably priced

He also has a Facebook Page and has lots of sound files and pictures of his trumpets.

On the forum he goes by : Shoebuck ...

28 gauge Hunter

Thank all y'all for the ideas. I'll start looking them up . Any certain wood easier than others ???

Greg Massey

Quote from: 28 gauge Hunter on February 25, 2024, 01:14:02 PM
Thank all y'all for the ideas. I'll start looking them up . Any certain wood easier than others ???

The wood is more of your choice. It's the internals that make the trumpet . ... Gene will help you with your decision ...

davisd9

Brian Mero is who to contact for a great call that you can get without a wait, or much of one. His calls have very easy playability in which you can learn to use the call.  There is a reason his names come from guys that have been using trumpets for longer than the recent trumpet fad. Brian is very reasonable in cost. Listen to Terry as he is leading you right.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Brian makes a nice trumpet.. I've had one of his that dates back to 2016 ... African Blackwood

Boykin Hollow

X2 on Brian but also Lee with Misfire calls

28 gauge Hunter

Quote from: LabsRUsII on February 25, 2024, 01:06:01 PM
Some I've made in past
30 different species of wood

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM

davisd9

Quote from: Boykin Hollow on February 25, 2024, 04:42:28 PM
X2 on Brian but also Lee with Misfire calls

Mr. Lee Chadwick is gravely overlooked. He makes a dang fine trumpet. Love his acrylic. Another great suggestion!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

cannonball

I'm going to pile on the Brian Mero love here. I bought the trumpet below from him in January of 2012. The top picture is the first turkey I killed using it in April the same year. The second picture is from April of last year. I'm not sure exactly how many turkeys have met their demise in between, but it's been several. Brian was inducted to the NWTF Hall of Fame last year and is a great person as well. I would contact him and see what he recommends for you.

Zobo

Also, Andy Terrell makes some good ones
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

28 gauge Hunter

Thanks I been seeing a few of Andy's at a local feed store , may have to check them out .