turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

William Lester Contact Info

Started by Meyerkbw, February 22, 2024, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyerkbw

Would anyone mind sharing Bill's contact info for ordering? Thank you.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Meyerkbw on February 22, 2024, 10:28:44 PM
Would anyone mind sharing Bill's contact info for ordering? Thank you.

PM SENT

turkey stew

I've been waiting for a call since Sept.8,2022. End up getting tired of contacting him. Last talked to him was Dec. 2022. He was busy making his Nashville calls to sell. Good luck.

Greg Massey

I reached out to him by email and he responded the next day and within a week I had my Cane caller... He also sent a hand written note along with the call which was pretty cool in my opinion.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 23, 2024, 10:02:09 AM
I reached out to him by email and he responded the next day and within a week I had my Cane caller... He also sent a hand written note along with the call which was pretty cool in my opinion.
I tried to email him multiple times through the years and have never gotten a response. I did pick up a cane yelper of his on here that I love but overpaid for. Great calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 23, 2024, 10:11:10 AM
I tried to email him multiple times through the years and have never gotten a response. I did pick up a cane yelper of his on here that I love but overpaid for. Great calls.

Interesting,  Again I had no problem chatting with him and receiving my Cane caller ... I guess sometimes he just doesn't like to return messages. He did tell me I got the last Cane caller he had, I don't think he makes those much anymore, but I could be wrong .. Anyway he took care of me and what I wanted ... No complaints from me ... He did note that in the hand written note about the Cane caller being one of his last ...

Greg Massey

PM Sent

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 23, 2024, 10:34:20 AM

Interesting,  Again I had no problem chatting with him and receiving my Cane caller ... I guess sometimes he just doesn't like to return messages. He did tell me I got the last Cane caller he had, I don't think he makes those much anymore, but I could be wrong .. Anyway he took care of me and what I wanted ... No complaints from me ... He did note that in the hand written note about the Cane caller being one of his last ...
It's a damn good call.

Greg Massey

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 23, 2024, 10:43:29 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 23, 2024, 10:34:20 AM

It's a damn good call.

I agree, nothing else like his Cane caller ...

turkey stew

I really do'nt need to play phone tag for several years to get a call. He was more concerned about Nashville calls then making one for me. He took my name, address and order over 17 months ago and told he would make them. Never happened order closed!

Seth41

Quote from: turkey stew on February 23, 2024, 12:40:30 PM
I really do'nt need to play phone tag for several years to get a call. He was more concerned about Nashville calls then making one for me. He took my name, address and order over 17 months ago and told he would make them. Never happened order closed!

I always pick up a Lester Williams when in Nashville as someone is always looking for one.  Phil I will sell you the one I just got if you want it.  Its deadshot polymers grey delrin.
Seth Hamon
2024 Grand Nationals 1st Trumpet Tom Turpin Award
2024 Grand Nationals 2nd 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals 5th Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals - 2nd - Jordan Yelper
2023 Grand Nationals 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Grand Nationals 3rd Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2022 Buckeye World 1st & 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Buckeye Worlds 2nd Trumpet Hunting

Meyerkbw

Since I was the one who made this thread, I think it's only fair to share my experience.

Last Thursday night I created this thread asking for contact info for Bill. When I woke up Friday morning, I had a email address and telephone number to call. I immediately sent off a email with my contact info and added that I was interested in a trumpet. Friday evening while watching a game, Bill called me. He was fantastic to talk with. Bill went over the two types of trumpets he makes. Then over the weekend he texted me a photo of the calls he currently had available. I selected this high pitched green acrylic and he shipped it Monday morning. Today, Wednesday, it arrived. This thing is fantastic! Super easy to cluck with. I need to practice though and learn how to yelp.

5 days from first contact to trumpet in hand is pretty great. That includes a weekend. I didn't ask Bill if he does anything custom. I think he just makes what he makes and sells them. I without a doubt will purchase from him again!

Greg Massey

turkey stew

Congrats on your trumpet. He was very nice to talk with. He just did'nt follow up with his promise. I guess he did"nt sell out at Nashville this year. I'm use to dealing with makers that will get back with potential customers whether they can or can't fill an order.